Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LASER MEET 2007 ??

Default LASER MEET 2007 ??

Ok... I`m starting early with this

But I`m going to Las-Vegas\Los angeles and Boston July -07 !!
    So is there any hope to meet someone around that place in that time ?

cheers

Boston, eh? Any chance you'll have enough spare time to either fly/drive down south for a meeting?

I am *committed* to making S.E.L.E.M. happen next year. I've spoken with quite a few laserists that were really let down when it didn't happen this past summer. I've also gotten some good advice on some "alternate venues" that we may end up looking into if we can't book a conference hall this time. I'd rather end up with a less-than-optimal venue and still have the meeting, rather than spending all my time trying to find the perfect place and end up missing the window again.

Adam

oh Boston I live 45min from there

Quote Originally Posted by DjDevNull
    oh Boston I live 45min from there
    That`s cool
    And Eric on this forum lives in Boston aswell I think... he promised me to take me a trip into MIT :P :P

and im a 10 hr drive to boston
    or 1.2 hr flight
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Quote Originally Posted by LASER-AD
    and im a 10 hr drive to boston
    or 1.2 hr flight
    So there is 3 persons on this Forum that actually can go to boston with no problem !
    including me that is 4 ppl !!

what about a meet in boston

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo
    Boston, eh? Any chance you'll have enough spare time to either fly/drive down south for a meeting?

I am *committed* to making S.E.L.E.M. happen next year. I've spoken with quite a few laserists that were really let down when it didn't happen this past summer. I've also gotten some good advice on some "alternate venues" that we may end up looking into if we can't book a conference hall this time. I'd rather end up with a less-than-optimal venue and still have the meeting, rather than spending all my time trying to find the perfect place and end up missing the window again.

Adam
    About that meet, wherever it is..
    I can offer myself a trip to wherever i think..

IF it`s within my timeLimit ..
    I go to boston --> 10.07.2007
    And a to Vegas --> 13.07.2007 -- 15.07.2007 <-- back in boston again..
    Then it`s wedding the 21.07.2007 .. and after that I have NO plans how long I`m staying in US !!!

So "if" there is a meet somewhere around that time.. it would have benn cool
    But maybe it`s possible to meet someone in Boston just for a cup coffe..

And what about you YADDA ? dont you stay in Vegas somethimes to do some shows ?

I'm 6 hours from Boston by car, and I'm always up for a trip to one of my favorite cities...

Speaking of MIT, 2 things you've gotta do (if you're kinda geeky like me!):
    1) MIT Flea - one of the biggest electronics fleamarkets in new england, happens every saturday during the summer
    2) The MIT museum (Free admission on MIT flea days). Last time I was there they had an INCREDIBLE holography display...

-Andy

Hi Andy!

Where are you in New York? (Or are you in the city?)

We're still trying to make Atlanta, GA work for us for the summer SELEM get together this year. I'm guessing that Atlanta would be something like 10-12 hours from just about anywhere in New York, unless you are lucky enough to be in the south-west corner of the state...

On the other hand, if you can't make it to Atlanta, maybe you can get together with the folks in Boston and do a smaller get together in the Northeast somewhere. (Sort of like the Florida meeting we've got set up for the end of this month...)

Adam

Hi Buffo,

I would consider Atlanta... I'm actually in Central NY so as far as driving that's a little better than the city.

I also know a guy down near Washington DC who does an occasional lightshow (Who, BTW, has the greatest laser collection I've ever seen! Copper vapor, mixed gas, argon, ruby, Laserscopes, etc. etc.) I might be able to convince him to stop in as well...

-Andy