Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: x-laser question.

Default x-laser question.

How is this approved in the US?

http://x-laser.com/product/x4rg/#!prettyPhoto

This is no different from this company who I believe is the one who makes this product...

http://szshinp.en.china.cn/selling-l...ng-for-DJ.html

Just red and green?
    I have a system just like this that I found at a garage sale, and there is no way in hell it would pass. It looks identical to your system just a different logo. In fact watching the video it is the same system, I can video the patterns and show the same thing just in green, yellow, red, blue ray purple.

Not saying your other products are bad, or not legal. just very curious on this one. And if you found a way to make this thing fly here in the US that would be great.

Any how, been eye balling your stuff. Would like some more info, and a person to talk to on the phone if I call the 800 number, not a random person unless all your staff is on the forum.

X-Laser has done any needed changes and the paper work to make it legal. What it has done you wont know unless you buy one of each and tell us. You can also look up the paper work for the lasers on the FDA site.

I have one of the china ones that I got at a garage sale.

I have watched x-lasers video online it is the same laser box as the china one, with the same patterns. That will scan the audience with lasers...

So no safety needed anymore just paper work, and maybe a added safety interlock?

Explain? Not trying to start a flame war, but it is the same thing as the china one. I don't know how to take video off my phone, that would be the only way i could film it, but it is the same thing.

I would like to see a photo of the inside of the x-laser box, and I will post a photo of the inside of my china box.

How is this done?

How is what done? Posting a picture? Making a product legal for US sales, if it's that your after its a long boring read with many twists.

Long and boring is right...

The short version since I am hunting and pecking on my iPad from the road right now is that it is not the same laser. SHINP lasers are, as you say, not legal for US use but the simple answer is that if they were the same, that would not be true. Feel free to call and chat with me directly. I'm at x114. There are no hugely satisfying answers here unfortunately... But I'd be happy to chat with you.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomRage View Post
    just paper work
    problem is that paperwork is not easy, and takes a looooooooooong time... in addition to other paperwork... basically you are paying them to deal with the headaches

That was more or less the answer I was looking for, but it may have come accost wrong.

more or less it can be done, and X-laser has done it..

The products X-laser has are nice, and there is nothing wrong with them. I am going back to a year or so ago, when it was a big deal about the china lasers taking over. But it seems that has been worked out.

I will drop you a call monday.

I more or less will never make money with his hobby nor to I care to. I just don't want a big arsh fine on my hands for playing with a hobby I love. It's ok to keep the stuff in the garage, but at some point you want to show off you toys. Even if they are china made. At times that is all some of us can afford...

the x-laser stuff is not that unreasonable really if you ever intend to do a public show... if its private and you keep it in your house and stuff nobody is going to knock on your door

The reason why the x-laser projectors look similar is only because they make use of similar cases.
    Likely they buy in their projector cases from china, hence they are similar, some other companies also buy up cases somewhere and use them.

I doubt the internals are the same

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomRage View Post
    I have one of the china ones that I got at a garage sale.

I have watched x-lasers video online it is the same laser box as the china one, with the same patterns.
    It's not the same box, similar maybe but not the same - here's a pic side by side:

Also, what you can't see is things such as the thickness of the baseplate and how well the two halves of the case seal to prevent light leakage.

I'd also say it's a probably a fair bet that the dichros, holders and lasers will be of a higher quality in the X Laser unit.