Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which galvos do you guys recommend?

Default Which galvos do you guys recommend?

i need to replace these crappy galvos in this cirrect laser, what are the recommendations?

It depends on how much you're willing to spend. I'm no expert on this, but the DT-40 are excellent, probably the best you can get at an affordable price of around 600-700$. These will get you 40 KPPS at 8°, I think. JIAN can help you with these.

You can also get some 15 KPPS galvos, I'd say around 200-300$. DAVE or AIJI can help with these.

You can also try to build your own and it will be prety inexpensive and a nice experience, but you won't have such stellar performance :P .

Or, you can get opwn loop galvos, which are not good for anything other than abstracts and beam shows. No graphics with these. Should be around 30$

Someone with more experience will chime in soon enough, I'm pretty sure
    Remember the future?, That'd today, as you imagined it yesterday.

we also have 20k 30k and 40k scanners.... 40k's do 8 degrees as well..

Dave
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by jkaiser3000
    It depends on how much you're willing to spend. I'm no expert on this, but the DT-40 are excellent, probably the best you can get at an affordable price of around 600-700$. These will get you 40 KPPS at 8°, I think. JIAN can help you with these.

You can also get some 15 KPPS galvos, I'd say around 200-300$. DAVE or AIJI can help with these.

You can also try to build your own and it will be prety inexpensive and a nice experience, but you won't have such stellar performance :P .

Or, you can get opwn loop galvos, which are not good for anything other than abstracts and beam shows. No graphics with these. Should be around 30$

Someone with more experience will chime in soon enough, I'm pretty sure
    Very neutrality :lol:
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

I will recommend the DT40 PRO galvos! I got 2 pairs of them! They are really fast!

I have DT-40
    And DT-40 PRO

They are so good that I dont want to change
    (in that price range)

I just want to buy more of them later when I build my next projector !!

EDIT: My avatar is projected from DT-40 30-35kpss i think it was

I will recommend the DT40 PRO galvos! I want 2 pairs of them! They are really really fast! And a good Price!
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Yet another vote for the Dragon Tiger DT-40 scanners from Jian. They ROCK!

I can get the ilda test pattern at 50kpps at just over 10 degrees optical with my pair. That good enough for ya?

Of course, they're more expensive than some of the other sets out there, but they're a LOT cheaper than a professional set from cambridge... And from what I've read the performance is comperable to the best Cambridge has to offer.

Adam

What about Widemove scanners? (or M9024 from JMLaser.com)...
    They scan at 24-30kpps only but they are still very fast at high angles (max scan angle 90°).
    Ideal for beam shows. Good for graphics but I think not as good as DT40... Someone can confirm it?

The price is something like 950$.

I've never used the widemove galvos, but there are a few messages here on PhotonLexicon about them. I seem to remember someone having problems getting them to accurately display the ILDA test pattern at anything above 18K or so. Search around and you should be able to bring up the relevent threads.

However, considering that you can get a set of DT-40's for under $700, if the widemove galvos are $950 - I'd have to go with the DT-40's.