Thread: RGB Chassis size advice sought

Default RGB Chassis size advice sought

I'm about to start building my first RGB projector. It'll have two levels: power below, optics above; a 532nm 120mw, a 200mw 470nm and two Maxyz 200mw. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on chassis dimensions. I'll be using two sheets of 6mm aluminium.

Paul Bolger

I have resorted to using some of the updated computer networking cabinets I scavenged. My unit is a bit large , but is suited for upgrades.....like 2 scanners in one cabinet.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

What size are they? I was thinking of 500mm by 300mm, but I'm wondering whether I'm going to run out of room.

I chose 20in x 22 in on one level.. And its JUST enough space for rgb system
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

I'm thinking maybe I should go for 600mm (2') by 300mm (1') - the size of a sheet of A3 paper - with two levels. Big isn't necessarily bad, better for cooling and it makes the thing less attractive for persons thinking of aquiring their own free projector.