Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ALC 60X

The laser with the extended chassis has enough room to fit a set of galvos in. The beam shot is done using a dichroic filter to show that the optics will produce both green and blue beams if required.

Quazar;

You're just selling the heads, right? I mean, you're not including power supplies... Just thought I would point out to Jimbo and Filip that you can find used Argon PSU's on E-bay quite frequently, but you'll need to factor in that extra cost.

I really like the first head you've got there Quazar. Did you do the sheet metal work yourself?

Adam

Is the 3rd picture not the psu?

Jim

No, the third picture is the second head that he has for sale. The top picture shows the "extended" head enclosure that he built for one of the lasers, and the second picture shows the tube innards mounted inside that extended enclosure. The third picture is of the second 60X head he has for sale, and it is unmodified. (Looks exactly like every other 60X I've seen) But you'll still need a power supply to fire either one of these two heads.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo
    Heck, there's a guy on E-bay right now that has an ALC 60 X listed, complete with a gold box PSU, fan, and cables... Only problem is that his auction identifies the thing as a Spectra-Physics 163! :?: I e-mailed him with the info, and he's going to modify the listing. (Seems like a nice guy really - I hope he ends up checking in here on PhotonLexicon...)
    Ha! I just put that auction on my watch list. I was wondering who gave hime the tip, but figured it was someone here. LOL.

Hehe.. Yeah, that was me. Actually, he took those extra pictures of the beam reflecting off a CD-rom after I suggested it to him. The resulting pics prove that he's got multi-line optics, which of course makes his laser more valuable. Hope you get lucky!

Adam

The standard ALC60X has now been sold. The rebuilt one with extended chassis is still available.

Price drop to £125.

Does it have the fan/ blower? (I didnt see it in the photo)

No, this is the head only.

The fans are easy to come by, its the power supplies that are more difficult. Though if you feeling pretty crafty, I've got a package in the garage that has full schematics, parts lists and board layouts for a 60X power supply. You'd just have to have a board printed, then populate it with the parts. Oh, I've also got a spare fan and spacer if you want it. The 60X is a great head, they can take a pretty good beating and still work fine.

David