Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: most users online...

WOW, Wrong sticker and NO IR Filter....Hmmmm.....
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis
    Can a green laser NOT have an IR filter and still NOT... expell any IR radiation? :?
    No.

If you don't have an IR filter on a DPSS laser, it *WILL* expell IR radiation. Lots of it. Both 808 nm and 1064 nm. And with a laser that is capable of making 1 watt of visible light at 532 nm, there is going to be a HELL of a lot more IR radiation inside the cavity. (At a minimum, the pump diode is probably making 5-6 watts of 808 nm, and you can count on at least 2 watts of 1064 coming out of the vandiate crystal.)

Even the lowly 5 mw green laser pointer has enough intra-cavity IR that it needs an IR filter to be safe. Now multiply that by a factor of 200, and you can see why selling a 1 watt DPSS laser without an IR filter is irresponsible and dangerous. Carey is right. Don't buy one if it lacks the filter.

Adam

I believe that it should be a standard part for any laser or at the very least a free addition if you ask for it.

Assuming chinese manufacturers are anything like they were a couple years ago, they will try to charge you extra for it if its not already there.

Depending on the price they are asking it might be cheaper to buy a leadlight and rip the IR filter off those, though I hope you can find one that wont involve the hassle.

Ask for "HR808,HR1064,HT532 optic". They are usually good about understanding the HR, HT, AR lens designations.

Yea, she hasn't mentioned a price (or hasn't even gotten back to me since I messaged her a few days ago about trying out a laser after putting an IR filter on), plus I'm still worried about that sticker label (seems a little suspicious to me). My main concern though is that putting an IR filter on will decrease the actual power reading down to where the green light is actually at. In otherwords, I'm worried about not getting 1 watt of green, and instead getting 1 watt of green + IR.

there is a IR filter on my laser !
    And yes I did order a 1Watt laser.
    But on the 24hour test the laser did reach 1.2Watt at full power

And yes it`s only marked as a 3B laser !
    And the reason for that is that a 3b is the ONLY laser I can get into Norway!!
    Class 4 laser is very illegal to use....

Thats true! Need special permit to usa class 4 lasers in Norway!

I'm just basing the IR thing of of what she said; though at least I understand the sticker situation...

I just wish she would reply to my email or PM after 3 days :P

Its not like them to turn down money...

She should be back online this evening(accounting for time change) I'll lodge a request then.

So what is so dangerous without IR filter? What can happen ? A 1watt system witout ir filter has less power than with ir filter?

High levels of IR light are more likely to cause retina damage more easily if i remember correctly, and a 1W will have very high levels

Edit:

Interesting link: http://www.ehss.vt.edu/Programs/OHIH...am_hazards.htm
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/