Thread: Very efficient TEC driver build

Default Very efficient TEC driver build

Hi Guys,

Someone asked that I share my modified design for a TEC controller. This controller is fairly simple, but should be very efficient. I based it off of someone else's schematic, but as the parts they used weren't available anymore, I had to tweak it a bit. Also, the value of R1 can change depending on what kind of range you need from R3. You may even end up removing R1 altogether. D1 is a generic rectifier diode. This circuit is really designed to be a 2A circuit, but you probably won't use all of those Amps. I have to say, I had a bunch of help fine tuning the specifics of the circuit from the wonderful people in the chat room, particularly Heroic and J4cbo. Hope this is helpful to those who need it!

-LULightTec

P.S. In case the values are hard to read (had trouble moving the labels) here's a list:

R1: 10K
    R2: 0.01 Ohm
    R3: 50K
    C1: 220uf
    C2: 0.1uf
    C3: 220uf
    C4: 10nf
    C5: 0.1uf
    C6: 0.1uf
    C7: 0.1uf
    L1: 50uH
    D1: generic rectifier single diode, Vf .457V
    D2: SB540E-G diode
    LM78L05 for regulating power supply
    LT1959CS8 for controlling peltier

I deadbugged my chips onto my proto-board. If you feel like surface mounting instead of through-hole, go right ahead.
    Last edited by lulighttec; 06-01-2012 at 13:47. Reason: listing components

Thank you for sharing! I am going to need this to help finish my mitsu dually.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.