Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lasershow Parts Dave/Aijii

Default Lasershow Parts Dave/Aijii

Hi all

Just recieved my RGB set from Dave and Aijji ( both active members here on PL )

This is part of a PM that i sent to dave ....
    The lasers arrived on the 10th November..... thats bloody fast going .... i think i asked you to ship on the 7th
    so well done to the shipper and UPS ....

got them on the bench today to test....

these are my findings ....

Powered up the red first

this was purchased and marked as a 400 mW 635nM Diode laser

Now first impresion on powering up with the attenation inut set to 5v, was " that is f***ing Bright " even in daylight. The beam was quite fat ( about 8mm ) but i was ready for that as every one i know who has these 635 diodes has the same issue but as there is only one diode inside the head i wont have to keep realigning the multiple beams ( unlike the actos units ) also as i will mostly be using this rig for beamshows, its not to much of an issue

I tested the output with 2 power meters both calibrated against known sources. i use a Gentec TPM 300 as my main meter which has both analogue and digital display

Right Now for the very good bit ...... after powerup for 5 min the output was reading 662 mW now i thought the beam looked bright but .... WOW ..... so i double checked it with my other Meter .... reads 660 mW

So conclusion of this test is " it is f***ing Bright " for what was suposed to be a 400mw unit and im very pleased

Next the Blue

The blue was purchased and marked as a 473nM 150mW DPSS

I connected the blanking analogue input to a lab PSU that has a varable 4 to 6v output
    powered up and set the PSU to 4v .... the beam looked very tight and very little scatter
    at 4 v the output was reading 128mW turned up to 5v = 148 mw ... anythingabove 5.5v the output would not increase above 152mW .... left to run for 5 min ..... and the beam looked exceptionaly good and very stable ....

next the Green.

The Green was purchased as a 450mW 532nM, but arrived Marked as a 500mW unit

Connected the Analogue blanking input to the PSU set at 4V and powered up the laser ..... I was really suppised at the VERY tight beam even over 20Mtrs ( 60ft ) distance .... when i took a reading with the power meter it read 239mW @ 4v
    this seemed a bit on th low side so i left it running for 5 min to stablise .... on returning it was reading 240mw @ 4V not much difference ..... so i upped the attenuation voltage to 5V and the power shot up to 408mW so then i wound the power to 5.5v and the power went to 520mW and at 6v it was 560mw as my PSU at hand did not go any higher im not sure if this is the max output .... Although im more than pleased with the output and beam, the attenuation range is a bit non linear and all the action seems in the upper area of the 0 -6v range although im sure i can get around this with some offset and scaling opamps .....

So the green far exceeded the spec and may be even able to do more as im not quite sure what the max attenation voltage will go to ...... but i dont want to pop the input

Over all the results have been Excellent ...... the lasers arived promptly and Quickly and the build quality exceeds anything that i have had from china before. and the communication from you has been really really good.

Thank you very much for your help and great service

all the best ..... Karl Dawson

Dave promptly PMed me to say that the red has a focus lens and I should be able to adjust the beam width which i will try to do later .... also that he was suprised that the blue only just met the rated spec and he was going to check it out with the manu ..... But I must say that im very happy with the blue and the stability is good

all in all, ive now got a 1.37 W RGB analogue system at an excellent price and im very pleased

all the best ..... Karl

I would also like to add praise where it is due. I also purchased the lasever units through Dave and Aijii, the price was great, the shipping was amazing and they have been very prompt at responding to my emails. Regarding the red laser, mine also has a rather fat beam, thankfully the focus is very easy to adjust on these units so making them all roughly the same size when they reach the projection screen is quite easy. Also, I still think that 635nm red makes for a very nice color balance, however I do look forward to seeing a white light setup running 660nm someday!

David

@ Banthai

That's going to be a NICE set up once you have it going... :twisted:

I also purchease from Lasershow parts a SCANPRO30 a few weeks ago... Since I am ignorant I havn't gotten it going. Waiting on a DAC still, should be here in a day or two I hope... As for the SCANPRO, I havn't played yet but dave has answered ALL my PMs well and promptly and shipping was awesome. I oredered on Friday 10/27 and figured I better pay the 20AUD for expidited shipping, from China and all... dave asid it would ship Monday 10/30, it arived Wednesday 11/01!!! I still think dave was mistaken and it was shipped Friday or Saturday but who cares.. It got here QUICK!!! I pan to open y own review when I get the DAC but just wanted to give props on the shipping and PM custoemr support!
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I got my DAC in a day or so ago and wanted to give a small update. dave again has been awesome with his quick pm responses to help me get my projector going. He and jgee_83, who I got the DAC from, have been very patient with me and we got the scanners going in about 24 hours. Now I can draw lil things on my wall. Now I need some artisitc help... Sounds like a job for a stiff drink... :lol:

Thanks dave!!!

I feel kinda bad, i left dave a negative (now retracted) for pair of 15k galvos. When they arrived there was many problems and I e-mailed directly and not through e-bay and received no responce. After a few emails of no responce I left a negative. Dave looked in his emails and replied back and he went through great lengths to fix the problems. I had a mirror arrive broken in shipping as well as the mount was not as pictured for the galvos which made a big difference for my application. After some time all was corrected and Dave deserves a few positive feedbacks for his effort in helping someone oversees

good job dave!

O... That reminds me... I need to leave feedback!!! Sorry dave... ops: aijii, I run over here in a minute. That was kinda funny, I was lookin at your feedback after I saw that... exchange. :lol:

Ordered once from Dave. Excellent communication. Also lasers are good for a price. Only issue I have.... I want my positive feedback.....
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

hehe...you are not the only one waiting for feedback! ;D

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Default Aijii / Dave

Since we are all in awe at the performance of Dave and Aijii let me tell you my story to date !!
    ..bet you thought I was going to go all negative.. sorry.
    As many of you know I am one of the newbies in lasers, but not in business or electronics (40 years now... jeez I'm old).
    What I want to say is the help I have had from Aijii has been amazing. I had asked him some questions on tech subjects he must have looked at those and thought , man does this guy need help or what !!.
    Well it just "rained" information on my computer for a few days... please bear in mind I hadn't even ordered a cents worth nor had I committed to.
    This is good old fashioned interested service something you dont see much these days. If they keep this up, plus with what you guys have said they will have the 'world' sewn up. ...
    By the way it did pay off I have just ordered my 1.5 watt green with more to come BECAUSE of the help. I just know I am not going to be stuck on my own with this level of assistance. Its great to get the service before the dollars instead of after. It bodes well.

Keep up the good work guys !!

Ray- New Zealand, next door of course to that little island Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    I want my positive feedback.....

Hehe, im a bit slack at updating feedback. i have just gone thru and left about 20 feedbacks. Did that sort you out?( i know cruch is good now If not, let me know and i will do it

Thanks for the kudos guys.

I should mention, My friend, Marcus in China, who does all the price haggling/shipping, now has a power meter, so everything that is shipped is tested to be sure its making power before it is packed carefully and sent. So we are a bit more than a drop shipper
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/