Thread: hitting the scanner mirrors

Default hitting the scanner mirrors

Hello guys

I,m curious if it matters wich scanner mirror you hit first. Normally if the scanners are on your left hand you hit the x-mirror first when looking at it from the front. But when you have the scannerblock on the right side then you need to hit the highest scanner in the block first. can anyone help me with this?

Thanks guys

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Both of my projectors are different and each go the opposite way. The main difference I can see is which direction the bleed through beam (the beam that goes through your scanner mirrors) ends up going; down into the scanner block or up, into the projector case (or into whoever's face looks at the scanners from directly above if your projector case is open).

I prefer to have the beam come in from the left so it hits the top scanner first so the "bleed through beam" goes down into the scanners. This is how my DIY projector is; my Kvant is the other way so the beam comes in from the right and hits the bottom scanner first.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Thanks for making it clear!!! So you can also have it on the left if you prefer that

People usually just orient them to the closest height to all their lasers. No point raising all your lasers up another cm or 2 when you can just hit the bottom mirror, on the other hand your lasers could be too tall to hit the bottom mirror.

You must always hit the x mirror first, if the X is in the higher or lower than the y it doesnt matter

Thanks guys. My beamheight is 29 of my modules and matches with Laserwave and CNi greens (certain models) that makes live for allot of people (inclusing me ) allot easier.

I always go in from the right, you can get the scanners closer to the aperture that way As the cable is then behind the scanner, depends on the scanners of course, but certainly the case for ScanPro's and DT40's...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	253867_10150328266868916_692033915_9922443_7230276_n.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	33002

Also, with 29mm beam height you won't need to shim, in my new projectors nothing is shimmed except the steering mirrors and galvo block (Dave makes a standard shim for DT40's), all at 29mm... The scanners are set back in these projectors because they will have scan through gratings in front of them...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020192.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	3.51 MB 
ID:	33003

Mark

In my set up with Cambridge galvos I hit the smaller of the two mirrors first. This make sense because the small mirror then only has to deal with a beam coming from a fixed direction. The larger mirror has to handle a beam coming from more angles.

Thanks guys for all the info and help I apriciate it