View Poll Results: analogue modulation worth $325 and two weeks wait on a 50mW 473 dpss

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

1 16.67%
  • No.

5 83.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is analogue modulation worth $325 on a 50mW 473 dpss

Default Is analogue modulation worth $325 on a 50mW 473 dpss

Does CW mean analoge modulation?... I see lasers advertised as CW or TTL. :? ... Scrap that... 2nd try...

I just won a 50mW 473nm dpss off eBay for a decent price. I emailed the seller and asked if I could get it with analogue modulation since I did not know the wanser to the question above (that's what the thread started as). I got a reply, fast since it's past midnight here, and it said that they do not have an analogue in stock, it would be 10% over sale price, of their website's price, $3250 * 10%=$325, and it would take two weeks to get it, to them. I paid a good amout less than twice that for the laser, almost half that less... Is it worth that much for analogue on this laser?

I'l post a poll in case you don't want to get long winded... :roll: I also plan to answer in a little since I am impatient and really want to get this home, unless it's worth the wait...

In one word no, analogue shouldn't cost that much..

We do not get charged any extra for the lasers we get with analogue and so we dont charge any extra to the end user. I bet you got that laser a fair bit below cost, and the guy is just trying to recoup the money lost.

I bet i know who you won that off, sounds like you got a killer deal.

:lol:
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Yea you probably do. It's this one... They have a so-so reputation. I got my 100mW green from there at a fairly good price also, but I don't have faith that the green is really 100mW. It's bright but... doesn't light matches, takes a while to get through tape. I used to install cable so my tape is the shisnit, but... I'm not an expert though. A meter is on the want list, I NEED to make a RGB projector. I also NEED to sell a few items to pay for that beast... :roll: I'll post a full review when it arrives. It looks A LOT like your 30mW module... almost exactly. Just from a slightly different angle...

I got my 50mW 473 ttl of them too.
    I paid $666 inc postage to UK.
    Excellent value.

I popped part of the psu when I was messing about with it though (totally my fault), so while I have it in bits I'm currently drawing the circuit out to see what is involved in changing it to analogue modulation.
    I believe it is basically the same driver board with a different part of the board populated for analogue.
    I'm still hoping someone with the analogue version will take a picture of the board for me, dave sell's the same CNI laser so I'm hoping when he has one in stock he will do the honours.

If you contact CNI there price for supplying the same one (they call it MBL-50) they want more than Extreme are selling it for.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis
    Yea you probably do. It's this one... They have a so-so reputation. I got my 100mW green from there at a fairly good price also, but I don't have faith that the green is really 100mW. It's bright but... doesn't light matches, takes a while to get through tape. I used to install cable so my tape is the shisnit, but... I'm not an expert though. A meter is on the want list, I NEED to make a RGB projector. I also NEED to sell a few items to pay for that beast... :roll: I'll post a full review when it arrives. It looks A LOT like your 30mW module... almost exactly. Just from a slightly different angle...
    I got a 100mw green from them and it was only putting out 70mw. I will never buy from them again.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

I think my green may be running a lil low myself... I need it to run lower... :lol: But I understand. I'm up for giving them another chance. I would do it for me... and well the name says it all. I saw the bidding at $200 and some change 30 minutes before the end and just watched it. I was going to go around $500 but thought to go a lil higher. I'm a fiend though, especially for a good deal. Gets me in trouble. I promise this is the last time... :roll: I sent him an email mentioning I hang around a forum or two. Maybe he'll get the hint I plan to do a small review in front of moderate to exreme enthusiasts... 8)

On your "70mW" green, is there an IR filter? I assume there is one on the blue, if it's the same one dave sells.

I actually popped my green one's psu open... It's a lot different from the blue, but if you figure out analogue let me know. May be I can send you some pics or to extreme and i can figure out what to do with the green, and the blue for that matter...

If you can take some pics it may be helpful although it might not be much use, although it could be the same but with a different board layout.
    If I do sort it though and it is simular I may be able to help you out in return.

Jim

ps dave thinks highly of the blue CNI units.

I got a few pics of the power supply on the green.

THE BLUE IS ON THE DELIVERY TRUCK :!: :!: :!:

Too bad it is going to my parent's address... Thats where my credit card bill goes... stupid paypal... They aren't home either. I'm going to have to go sleep there... :roll: I shall post a few shots of it when I get it back here... :twisted:

dave had better if he sells them... :lol:

Just looking at the pic I think you have a dry joint on the center pin of the potentiometer near the green led.
    I'd run an iron over that before putting it back together.
    The majority of the circuit is the power supply, there isn't all that much to the driver side of the board.
    Maybe one of the guys that is familiar on the one that you have got could also confirm if the pot sets the o/p to the dpss, you may be able to turn it down.

Jim

I look at the pics of that green psu and cringe...

All those electro's jammed in between heat generating components.. They are going to dry up pretty quickly, it would be a good idea to get a fan blowing some cool air around to remove the heat buildup
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/