Thread: What about this for scanning?

Default What about this for scanning?

I'm planning on making a projector but I don't have the money to start getting into +15k scanners or buying a laser with power modulation. My current projector is made from a Parallax Basic Stamp 2 microcontroller w/ essentially barcode scanners (worked well, but too slow). I'm just in it for beam effects, and was considering purchasing these. If I find the controller isn;t doing what I want, I was going to make my own out of another microcontroller. I would even consider programming my own software instead of using theirs. What do you guys think? Anyone have experience with these?

I have a set of those "galvos". You can get them off eBay for $15 or so from a different seller. I'd give you a link but my firewall just barely let me see which ones you are looking for... I hear the software is junk... Actually here is a thread about an old device called a "Laser FX" As you get further down inthe thread you'll see the galvos and what I was able to do with them and a butchered Laser FX. I am not sure if they are closed loop or not. Taht set up has a VERY high ghetto factor... Be gentle... :roll:
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Hmm I can't seem to find the thread you were referencing, could ya post a link?

I've worked with these galvos before; the ones I was talking about that I used in my first projector:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K:MEWN:IT&rd=1

Are those similar to what's in that other auction?

ops: Sorry spaced that one... Here is the link...