Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts Pro's & Con's

Hey guys after much reading and research I think this might it..

Winni form Goldenstar has been awesome

R>1000mw/650nm CNI
    G>500mw/532nm(WL203) CNI
    B>1000mw MGL-H-532CNI
    DT40 Pro Scanner & 3D holders...

I'm still kind of undecided if I should go 650nm or 640nm (Ive read all the pro & cons) but I'm thinking I could change it at a later date.

P.S If I add an additional red i.e 640nm with the 650nm my understanding is that FSB3 can not control this.. Is this correct ?

Thanks again guys

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Be careful with your stock numbers when you place your order. Your blue above looks like a second green.

Thanks Bradfo69... it was my typo.. 455nm

Quote Originally Posted by acarusi View Post
    P.S If I add an additional red i.e 640nm with the 650nm my understanding is that FSB3 can not control this.. Is this correct ?

Thanks again guys
    I think you could find it far more expensive to change it later.

Also remember there are distinct advantages on the safety front to running 640nm, namely the fact that you need a lot less of it.

Just a couple of thoughts to consider.

With the FB I think youd have to control them both as one red, however others can advise you better on this especially as I rather think the restrictions is in the software not the FB hardware as I'm sure it supports 8 outputs.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

8 outputs? Is that a total of 8 outputs? Because I have never heard of a laser DAC with 8 colour outputs.
    I believe an FB3 has only 3 colour outputs so no, you wouldn't be able to control the extra red independently.

@ White-Light - Im under the assumption that I only need to change the laser diode.
    CNI MRL-F-637-500mW stability<10%,analog 10k, PSU-H-OEM-S Unit/ USD$825.00.

@ Colourmirrorball... thanks for the clarification

The 4500 and the 5000 both use two red diode lasers with a cube to combine them. The fun upgrade down the line would be to remove one of the 650-655nm reds and put in a mitsubishi 638nm red to combine with the 650. Or ditch 650-655 and go with a dual 638nm setup. But you need to check beam size and scanner mirror size. All those things can come in time if you end up with the laser bug. You would want to change the optic base plate in the laser should you start messing around. The way goldenstar mounts its lasers is not what I would called "precise" unless you like working with pray bars. It might even be worth asking for a thicker base plate have you now ordered.

If you want a pre-made china laser projector you can later upgrade and build off and be happy with the "base" product you should look at http://powerlaser.diytrade.com/ Goldenstar is great bang for the buck don't think I'm hating on them, I would order from them again.
    Last edited by Picasso; 06-29-2012 at 10:34.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    8 outputs? Is that a total of 8 outputs? Because I have never heard of a laser DAC with 8 colour outputs.
    I believe an FB3 has only 3 colour outputs so no, you wouldn't be able to control the extra red independently.
    From Pangolin FB3 spec page:

http://www.pangolin.com/flashback/flashback3.htm

Two 12-bit for X & Y (differential)
    Eight 8-bit for color

I presume they're unused as the XE used to have 4.

Quote Originally Posted by acarusi View Post
    @ White-Light - Im under the assumption that I only need to change the laser diode.
    CNI MRL-F-637-500mW stability<10%,analog 10k, PSU-H-OEM-S Unit/ USD$825.00.

@ Colourmirrorball... thanks for the clarification
    TBH I think the red was underpowered to start with. Many people recommend 1:1:1 with 640:532:445.

Obviously with 650nm it probably fell a little short in the red department.

That said, 1W 637nm is going to hit you hard so it may be that 500mw 637 is your only option. It should in any event be around as bright as the 650nm if not brighter despite the power difference.

@ Picasso sorry should of made it a little more clear all laser are single inc Red 660nm with 7mm mirrors on DT40. Thanks for the www... checking it out now..
    @ Whitelight.. Think your right re: 640nm it's looking like 500mw with 1:1:1..

Thanks guys so much stuff to look for, now I need to look at my beam div, try and keep them the same spec..