Thread: CT Lasers 3W RGB

Default CT Lasers 3W RGB

Don't have a product review yet, but will in a few weeks. I just ordered a LuminanceRGB from Marc at CT Lasers. It is spec'd with a 1.5W 637nm Red, 800mw 532nm Green, and 1W 445nm Blue. It has CT6215 scanners. I'm excited to get a varianced laser to use in the states. Thank you Marc for helping me decide. I'm sure this thing will be a monster compared to what I've used in the past. Pictures and a full review forthcoming! Stay tuned...

i got my projector from marc and its been great was just a 2w 532 but oh how she grew up to a nice RGB

Marc is a super good guy.
    100% thumbs up for him.
    You will surelly be happy with your new projector.
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

It has arrived! My 3W Luminance RGB is here and it's a beauty. I really can't say enough good things about it. It looks sturdy, feels sturdy, and performs better than I could have imagined. This thing has the prettiest white I've ever seen on a projector. Those Kvant lasers are just incredible. This will easily handle beam shows and the graphic capabilities will blow you away. The 637nm is a very nice laser. My other RGB has a 650nm and I can't hardly stand looking at it now. Anyway, stay tuned. I'm working on getting some pictures and video of this thing in action. You don't need me to tell you this, but Marc is a top notch professional when it comes to customer service and workmanship.

Marc is the best... get us some pics asap.....I wanna see this
    10W RGB
    2x 5W RGB
    2x 3W RGB
    2x 1W Green
    ---------------------------------
    QM.NET, 2x FB3, LivePro, Beyond, APC40,

kgblasers.com

Okay so here is my review. This thing is wonderful! The beam profiles are perfectly matched. The modules are Kvant blue and red, and Viasho for the green. I had to tune the red WAY down to get the white perfect. My browns show up green so I know I need to do some more fine tuning. Here is a video showing my Luminance RGB that Marc built compared to the LumaLaser 5W I purchased a few weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw3T6...ature=youtu.be

Both are phenomenal projectors. I like different things about both for various reasons. I didn't spend any time fixing the colors on the LumaLaser so the white looks a bit green. With a little fine tuning, it turns into a perfect white beam also, but not as sharp as the Luminance projector due to the 650nm compared to 637nm. The 637nm is NOTICEABLY nicer than the 650nm. I plan to send my LumaLaser to Marc and have him fit it with a nice 637nm when money permits it.

I really can't say enough good things about the Luminance RGB projector. It has state-of-the-art components, creates a spectacular beam for either beams hows or crisp, sharp graphics, and Marc was a delight to work with. It took me a little longer than usual to get this thing delivered, but only because of the meticulous effort Marc puts into his projectors. The first Viasho green Marc received failed Marc's burn-in so he sent it back and got a new one. Now that's service! Anyway, more pictures soon after I tune things a bit. Also, I'll upload a few pictures of the projector itself so you can see the case, mounts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-raker View Post
    I had to tune the red WAY down to get the white perfect.
    I was going to ask when you first posted as I was surprised how hot the red was. I have found a 1:1 ratio of green to 637 seems to match best.

Very nice projector, if I ever have the cash this would be my route to a legal "off shelf" type unit.
    leading in trailing technology

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

agreed. i have about 630mW of 642 in my system and 500mW of 532. the green is underpowered especially after having to pass through two sets of dichros.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    I was going to ask when you first posted as I was surprised how hot the red was. I have found a 1:1 ratio of green to 637 seems to match best.

Very nice projector, if I ever have the cash this would be my route to a legal "off shelf" type unit.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.