Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1.5 watt RGY in the making

Default 1.5 watt RGY in the making

1 watt CNI 532nm green
    1/2 watt Lasever 635nm red

I will probably sell a large frame argon or 2 and buy a 300mw blue dpss in the near future

here are some pics. This thing is not close to finished yet

I really dont care about color matching/balance I just want bright air cooled 110

NICE! That does seem to be A LOT o green ya got there. That green beam spread is almost painful... You wearin goggles? 8)

That's a pimp ass table too! Any movies?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

googles..... yes. couldnt work on it without

movies to come later. first sleep then work, prolly be sunday before i can post any movies.

Cool... Hopefully I'll have my DAC by then and I'll try to make a movie too. Well, if I can manage to create a decent show... ops:

Regrettable
    So beautifull lasers matching the bad 12K scanner.
    and ONE galvo's mirror lost 10% power.
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

The beam on the red is extremely huge. I have a pair of 6860s with no amp. And even then they will only do 12 to 15 k from what I have read

Quote Originally Posted by jian725
    Regrettable
    So beautifull lasers matching the bad 12K scanner.
    and ONE galvo's mirror lost 10% power.

WOW!

Great pics George! I see what you mean about the red beam being large though... In the last picture you can really see just how big it really is. Still, the pics look great. And allthatwhichis has a point, the pic of the full power spread must have been painful to look at!

Jian: You said one of the mirrors is loosing 10%... Where did you see that? I couldn't see any signs of mirror leakage. Also, those scanners have done a lot better than 12Kpps. They're the same one's George used on an earlier projector (Ar-Kr whitelight setup) that I had the priveledge of viewing first hand. And believe me, it looked great! Not sure if George was running them at 18Kpps or what at the time, but for sure it was faster than 12K.

Adam

The beam on the red is extremely huge. I have a pair of 6860s with no amp. And even then they will only do 12 to 15 k from what I have read
    6860s Supports 5 mm and 10 mm apertures,so they 12-15k is correct.Speed is not one and only for the scanner,linearity,max angle,mirror,noise,galvo Temperature ,stability all very important.

If for beamshows,then high speed and low speed scanner not much dissimilarity.

I couldn't see any signs of mirror leakage
    Their use the Al-mirrors and the lost can't see on the mirror leakage only.

Dielectrical coated mirrors are angular dependant and wavelength dependant.
    You should have best reflection at 45 degrees + 532nm.
    When wavelength goes to red or blue, reflection is less.
    When angle is off 45 degrees, reflection is less.
    The blue 456nm is much shorter wavelength than 473nm.
    So it is possible that reflection is less.
    The mirrors are specified with >95% at 400-700nm AND 45 degrees.
    When turning the mirror, blue can pass more and more.
    But even 10% loss are not too bad (cheap Chinese Al-mirrors have 15% and
    more).

The story about Cambridge mirrors is xxxxx.
    I saw dielectric CT-mirrors, where you could see the blue light when looking
    through.
    They are not that better.
    But it is possible that your customer uses silver mirrors.
    These are NOT angular or wavelength dependant and have >95% of all visible
    light.
    But they are more sensitive againgst scratching and may also corrode (become
    black).

Also mirror quality is not always the same.
    When order new mirrors, first check reflection with R, G and B Lasers
    under 45 degrees.
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

Um, Jian... :?

He said he has a pair of 6860's with no amp.... He didn't say that he had INSTALLED them in the projector.

Think about it... if he doesn't have an amp, how is he getting the scanners to work in the pictures he posted above? :roll: Obviously the scanners in the picture are some other scanners that he has, since they clearly have amps already.

In fact, I'll bet they're the same scanners that he used to have mounted in his Kr-Ar mixed-gas whitelight laser. (It's the same optical table, after all.) Now, those scanners were supposed to be rated for 15K, but he was getting close to 18k out of them.

Can't say much about the mirrors one way or another, but I didn't notice any leakage from them when the whitelight laser was running on them. And looking at the pictures above, I don't see any leakage now.

Adam

Ok the thing is pretty much done, now I just got to add blue. Since the pictures I have added two high velocity 110volt fans. I ordered a key switch to my liking for this projector.

Quick little video of this and another laser just doing some quick beams. I was tired so I did not have a chance to get any good videos
    http://www.dreambeamz.com/junk/MOV02267.MPG

And a quick video displaying the importance of having a working shutter even if using diode with modulation. Notice the green the slowly faded even if 0 voltage is applied, the red does this as well and it is not my DAC, I have the same effect even if I pulled the cable for the DAC to the laser
    http://www.dreambeamz.com/junk/MOV02285.MPG

Finished product

Inside from the back showing the terminal connections I used. DB 25 is wired to ILDA standard

Inside layout, no laser on

Inside layout, laser on

View of top with power supplies