Thread: LEP LASER & Laserworld CS-2000RGB

Default LEP LASER & Laserworld CS-2000RGB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo Jun 22, 5 39 01 PM.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	33289Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo Jun 22, 6 40 58 PM.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	33287Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo Jun 22, 6 40 02 PM.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	33288So I regret not thoroughly reading through these vast resources that Photolexicon offer before falling prey to the shady practices of LEP Laser, but now that I have received my purchase, I thought I might as well vent and reinforce to all future skeptics, like I was, that LEP & Laserworld = BAD NEWS, at least when it comes to the USA.

So originally, I had purchased their new Diamond Pro 1.2w RGB laser through an Ebay auction. The price was a few bucks over 1k and it looked impressive in the videos they had posted. I was kind of amused by what appeared to be some bid sniping that took place 20 seconds before the auction ended. Looking at all completed auctions for the same product, they all magically seemed to land around 1k dollars. Despite that little voice in my head saying if it is to good to be true, it must be, I clicked buy. Fast forward 4 days and I finally get an e-mail telling me that the Diamond Pro cannot be shipped to the USA because it is lacking an ascension number. This should have been a red light for me, and it was, but I choose to ignore it when I was offered a CS-2000RGB for the same price. I was told it was refused by the buyer and therefore they were willing to give it to me for the same price since it couldn't be sold as new.

Today, my shipment arrived. The box is beat to hell, their is a clanking noise that sounds like some sort of metal object has come loose in the projector housing and the shipping carton is not even something I would use if I was shipping it within the same county. Oh, no fragile stickers, NOTHING! I am beyond pissed. I feel duped by the seller, but also I am quite upset with myself since I could have avoided it. Lesson learned, hopefully, I can get them to take it back. Luckily I did buy with Amex, so if they won't accept responsibility, hopefully Amex will help me sort this out.

STAY AWAY FROM LEP LASER out of GERMANY and their Laserworld products. I am not dismissing the brand as a whole, but this seller obviously is up to NO GOOD!

Pictures of the crappiest shipping carton ever

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo Jun 22, 6 40 58 PM.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	33287Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo Jun 22, 6 40 02 PM.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	33288

I will gladly put this through THOROUGH testing for you so that you can present evidence to your CC company. No charge!

Let me know.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Nah... you can dismiss the brand as a whole as far as I'm concerned. Well... Laserworlds high end expensive projectors are supposed to be pretty good but, most everything else leaves a lot to be desired. My first projector was from LEP laser - also an eBay purchase and mercifully only about $200 but, it's worked about 15 good minutes in the two years I've owned it. Every once in awhile I dig it out and try and sort out some issues and, I'm close to having it working satisfactorily but, not quite there yet. At 250mW of green, it's really just a Tinker Toy but, having it work is now just pure principal. There is one wire I finally discovered that I need to replace as either the solder joint or wire itself is bad. LEP was useless at sorting out the problems early on.

Well I am pleased to report that LEP instructed me to remove the cover and check for the loose part that was rattling. I found a rogue pice of metal that after looking over every mounted piece, seems to have appeared out of thin air. I am sure I am missing something since I didn't build this unit, but I actually fired it up after making sure their was no severed wires or anything that could present a fire hazard and the laser is functoning, but the alignment is wayyyyyyy off. But I actually have seen white so that in itself is impressive, but I am still disappointed with the this whole process. I guess the saying if it is to good to be true, definitely applied here. Why on earth would I get a brand new unit for 1100 shipped when that same unit usually goes for 2K. I will post thorough pictures tomorrow, enough of a headache for one day.
    Last edited by djfeliciano; 06-23-2012 at 11:36.