Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SELEM VI 2012 Logo Submissions

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    hah, that would be an awesome logo, have basically my projector on everyones shirt! lol
    Your projector was mostly the inspiration behind the design. Probably because your video on YouTube was what got me into this hobby in the first place (http://laserpointerforums.com/f47/rg...sal-58680.html).

I have you to thank for the thousands of dollars no longer in my wallet

Haha your welcome

Welcome to PL, sorry about your wallet!

OK, after contacting several companies and getting quotes ranging from $34 to over $50 for this particular design, I had just about lost hope. Then I tried www.4imprint.com, and they seem willing to work with us, if we order enough shirts.

Can I get a high-resolution version of this logo design please? Something like 1024 x 1024, if not larger... I want to send it to them and see what they quote me.

Note that if they come back high like the other folks have, then we will need to go with one of the lower-color designs.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by djpsych View Post
    I created this today for SELEM 2012. When I came to post it, I read the 1-3 color requirement (oops!). I will still share what I created anyway and could possible get something similar down to 1-3 colors, but it would definitely lose its feel.

From left to right: 637nm, 660nm, 473m, 445m, and 532nm. Was trying to add mirrors, pbs, and dichro mirrors but I am not good with making 3D figures.

Attachment 33400

Dammit man I was just trying to get the difference, not to make you go shopping for the best price... <insert "oh geez" smiley here>. I figured you had a price list or something lying around.

Well I guess if there are no more logos to submit, should we put these up for a vote?

Zip file of 1200x1200 images, photoshop files, fonts, etc here

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by djpsych View Post
    Zip file of 1200x1200 images, photoshop files, fonts, etc here
    Thanks for that. I've submitted the image to the folks that do the embroidery, and they will be getting back to me with an answer soon.

I think we all agree that djpsych's logo would be awesome, if we can actually get them to put it on a shirt for us... I should know for sure in a day or two.

The good news is that based on our phone conversations, this new place should not have any problem doing this logo. They said they can handle up to 12 colors... What's even better is that the cost for 1 color is the same as the cost for 12 colors! So this might work. I just need to get them to sign off on the complexity of the image before I contract with them. (Want to be absolutely sure they can handle it so there are no surprises.)

And I do want to thank everyone for helping to design this year's logo.

Adam

Lightbulb 'Collaborative' suggestion? :)

Hey Sir Dj..

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    The design that Djpsych came up with is *very* cool, but...complicated for embroidery
    First-off, I wanna say that I do well-remember the 'lesson' we learned from Jack Nicholson's Joker in Batman: "..Never rub another Mans' rhubarb..'..(..and, by-extension, 'never re-design another Man's SELEM logo...')

..But, in merely the 'spirit of helping' (..along the lines of 'simplification for embroidery', *NOT* to imply or suggest that the design you made is somehow 'too-complex' - honestly, I think it's, uh, 'brilliant'.. ..what about this idea: Simply make the 'lasers *be* the letters', ie:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SELEM_12_JollyRanchers1_jr .jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	33647

.. since, well, we really don't need to see the 'shapes of the laser-heads' to 'get it', ya know? And, this (..or, some variant, thereof..) will certainly reduce the threadcount / cost (?), and (...potentially, Sir Buffo will have to check / confirm/deny..) make your 'concept' a more doable-reality, 'embroiderywise'...

Thoughts? I will feel no slight / take no-offense, whatsoever, should you, et al, wish to simply tell me to go piss up a rope and/or wish to 'stick' to your original-design elements, etc.. Again - no 'rub', or rudeness meant, just a simple suggestion for how your design might be simplified for embroidery, and yet, still retain your 'base-concept'..

..and of course, the 'rest' of it (...what I did not draw..) would be exactly as you drew it, I simply left that out, for now, to focus on the 'letter-laser' idea.. ...And yes, I can 'use a different font', or 'change the colors' etc.. But, I am out over the weekend, so, will have to pick up on any help, on late Sun nite.. Not sure what the 'deadline' is, on this all.. So, lemme know yer 'thoughts'...

Handshake...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

^^ I just want the projector with those 5 color lines!

heh, I kind of regret building it, I could use the money more than the projector, but oh well, its awesome none the less

I guess my logo was too different lol