Thread: SELEM VI 2012 Logo Submissions

dsli_jon I really like that idea!

Here is what it looks like:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Selem2012-2.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	247.9 KB 
ID:	33686

Actually think it looks better when horizontal (since I don't have to follows orientation of laser modules):

Name:	Selem2012-3.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	239.3 KB 
ID:	33688

When I first made the design I didn't know that you guys had these embroidered.

Anyone is free to modify my design and if you have anymore suggestions just them me know.

Zip file of images, photoshop files, fonts, etc for both designs here
    Last edited by djpsych; 07-14-2012 at 12:35.

The last "E" doesn't seem to be showing up bright enough.. and just another suggestion, double-up on the thread-count to thicken everything up so's it can be seen and readily easily visible .. .02 ..

Lightbulb

Heya deej...

Quote Originally Posted by djpsych View Post
    dsli_jon I really like that idea!
    Cool! I'm just glad you didn't take it as a 'turd in the punchbowl'..

Anyhoo, can you do me a flavor? That 'cut' of "ESPN" (the 'SELEM' font you used..) is some 'strange' version, and my Mac OS can't 'read' that-particular version (..even-tho it's a 'true-type', which is supposed to-be x-platform..) and any / all of the ttf's of that font I can find online, that do 'work' (properly) in OSX... are a quite different-looking cut.. (more 'squared', not 'rounded' / Tron-like, like yours.. )

..So, can you possibly 'type out' *just* the "SELEM", no 'skewing', etc, and see if you can either a) convert the typed-word to 'outlines' or, 'paths' (..but, needs to be vector, not rasterized / bitmap..) and export as a .eps for me? Or, b) just give me a PDF (..again, 'vector', not rasterized, etc..) and I might be able to 'pull' the vector-outlines from the postscript.. That-way, I can do the 'conversion' to 3D letter-lasers, (..but, in your much-cooler font.. ) and get it all a bit more 'simplified / optimized' for embroideryland? Lemme know..

Of course, this may all be 'moot', if Adam comes-back with a report from the embroidery-place, and they say 'no problem, the orig. design is not too-complex, as-is, etc, fire when ready', etc, well then, never-mind.. ..But, ie: I am looking, for-example, at all the little 'shading detail' in that ESPN-fonts' 3D-version, and also, the little 'points' (tiny 'boxes'..) in yer 2012, that - while very cool - are all adding-up to a very 'stitch-heavy' design.. I think we can still get your design thru, here - conceptually - whilst, perhaps, making it all a bit 'leaner', stitch-wise..

Lemme know if you can get "SELEM", in your version of the font, to me as 'vector' outlines, and I'll take a crack at putting together a 'final version', simplifed for stitching, yet 'conceptually' still your design, etc, and into Adam's hands, for consideration..

..Again, feel free to tell me to take a long walk off a...

ciao
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

I added the SELEM font as a .eps file to the zip file above. Let me know if that is what you needed.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by djpsych View Post
    Let me know if that is what you needed.
    Ayeupp.. EDIT: Boy, are you glad I had more show-art to do tonight or what?

OK, so, here's the 'blended' version, 'simplified for embroidery' - ie: the original 2012-art was dang beauTful, but, pretty-sure embroidery-machines are not-too keen on 'gradients' / prolly end-up in smoke / flames, etc.. So.. here's a colorful, yet more 'vector-friendly' version..

Name:	SELEM_12_JelloLasers_LO_jr.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	33694..also, integrating your 'Tron-style' font.. Yes, I could also do a version with the 'ultraworld font' (the one I submitted, earlier..) but, you Guys decide whatcha want, and I'll kick the 'final' art, out.. (..this, attached, is the 'lo-res' version, for 'preview'...

..Of course, this is all still subject to Lord Vader / whether I will be choked from across the room, (for instigating all this 'design-mayhem'..) or not.. jk..

lemme kno..
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 07-16-2012 at 23:26. Reason: edit

Perfect Jon! I love it. I declare that one the winner! Free shirts to dsli-jon and djpsych for all their work in making this awesome logo.

Got final word from the shirt people: They can handle the logo with no problems, and so long as we order enough shirts, they won't charge us any extra. So that's good news!

Now we just need more people to sign up... As it stands right now, we have less than half the minimum number we would need just to cover the cost of the venue (to say nothing about the cost of the shirts, or any of the other costs).

Come on folks! Sign up now!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Perfect Jon! I love it. I declare that one the winner!
    Ooohhhoh, noo - this one is Mr djpsych, all the way... All I did was 'optimize for embroiderlandia'... ..but, sure, I'll take a Medium, thanks...

Wish I could be there, but.. my Boys take priority.. and, yeah, one of these days, I'd love to 'bring them', but.. this year, we just need some Guys / giant Rocks / Forest-time... but, I'll be there 'in spirit', eh? ..oh, and, *ahem*, Marc will be donating my 'reward' for doing his killer-PJ logo-design, as a 'door prize', to-value, etc... rrrriiieeeet, Marc-o? jk..

Lemme know if you need anything else on the logo / what final size (physical dims..) dpi, and file-format will be best.. the one I posted last nite was only 150dpi, as a 'preview', so.. Lemme know..
    ciao..
    j

I think the version you posted will be high enough resolution. I'm going to e-mail it to them in the morning and see what they say.

Adam

I like the embroider friendly logo I was a little worried about color gradient on the 2012 in my version, but you fixed that.

Which one won??
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt