Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: high powered blue preojectors

@ taggalucci : I just sold a blue laser of 1 watt to laserhobbit so i,m happy to transfer 50 euro to the administrators bank account. I will send you a copy of the transfer otherwise you might think i didn,t make the transfer. I,m happy to support the forum but i must admit that i never transferred money to the adminitrator his account. More a matter of lazyness but i think i don,t deserve the backstabbing of you Taggalucci.

I will make it 200 euro if you apologize to me here so that,s up to you

I did organise a lottery for the adminitrator but that was exterminated by paypal because lotery,s are forbidden and i gave a complete kit as a donation to Selem that cost me 250 euro. A visitor won it but he wasn,t into laserhobby so i think brad069 bought it

Like i said earlier i,m offering a product here with in my opinion a professionally manufactured module with 0.65mrd divergence. Nothing more nothing less. Not convinced about the quality of the lasermodule or the projector? Not convinced with the service behind it? Then don,t buy it.

If i don,t sell it i might take it apart and sell the module seperately and give the projector to a customer that has supported me from the beginning.
    Last edited by edison; 07-04-2012 at 23:59.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    And yet you still won't support this forum with a donation for the running of it. It continues to shit me that all I see from you are sales threads and very little to no technical/knowledge contribution.

As I've said before, it's like going to your friend's BBQ and trying to sell them all vacuum cleaners while you're there. Perhaps if you were the one buying the beer, they might be a bit happier to hear your sales bullshit!
    Not totally true!
    Edison has told me allot about modules and equipment you need to build one.
    He did it by Skype and not in public.
    I could imagine a starting company has to be very careful in sharing info, before you know someone is walking away with your module where you invest allot of money in.
    I've heard numbers about getting into the business and we could buy nice car for it, so i understand why he is not open in sharing with everyone in public.
    So maybe Edison doesn't share allot in public, i cannot tell you he helped me out quit a lot of times already!

I,m trying to help as much as i can without affecting my own bussiness. When i joined this forum i didn,t knew anything about beamstacking, collimating beams and allignment. I spend each day about 10 hours on the forum digging out every post to understand how things work. Because the hobby is very expencive i decided to start with selling stuff. That was mainly to fund the hobby. But when the wive and i wanted a Dog someone needs to stay home to take care of him ( More watching him sleep ) so i decided to build modules and sell projectors full time. I,m registrated as a company and also the parts are being manufactured by a metalshop like all other companies so i,m no different from them.

If you build your own stuff for own use and not selling stuff to make a living out of it its a hobby.When you develop stuff for your own use and sell it to others to fund this hobby but not making a living out of it your still a hobbyist in my opnion. But if you are fabricating modules and send invoices and are registrated as a company then its not a hobby anymore.

Some hobbyists make professional modules like Simon and Andy-con. It seems that when i use a word like hobbyists or proffesional people get affended by this. Most people make modules by taking a slab of alluminium and not milling it with a professional machine. Just my view of what is the difference between proffesionally machined and made by someone who is making a one off module for himself. (not want to use the word hobbyist here )

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    I will make it 200 euro if you apologize to me here so that,s up to you
    I apologize Edison - Please send 200 Euro via PayPal to admin@photonlexicon.com or at least subscribe to a regular $10 per month donation.

Payment send. Here is the paypal confirmation

You sent a payment

Transaction ID: 7KW20991LJ114662Y
    Dear Johan Bernardus,

You sent a payment of €200,00 EUR to Robert .......

Please note that it may take a little while for this payment to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

View the details of this transaction online

Amount: €200,00 EUR
    Sent on: 5 July 2012
    Payment method: PayPal Balance
    Message in your payment email: donation to Photonlexicon increased from 50 to 200 euro after apoligizing to Edison for not contributing to this Forum.
    Sincerely,
    PayPal team

Good on ya for the donation.

Not sure if it is a culture language thing or what, but you posts do often seem to have an "rub wrong" feel to them not sure why but just thoughtid mention it.

Have you ever considered making a projector model that meets usa certification requirements?
    leading in trailing technology

Well i don,t know exactly what the regulations are over there but my projectors are compliant with european regulations. As for the rub wrong feel i have kind of the same way with Americans. 90% of all the People that i never spoke before or recieved a PM from start their Pm with : how much for the modules ? or what,s the best price for your Kit and then their name. Maybe that is a difference in culture too but i think its normal to introduce your first or at least say Hello , or how are you doing. But KGB , Blowfly and many others where very nice from the start so not everyone is like that. Just an experiance that i have until know.No offence to any one in the US just a personal experience

Question

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    ...The first one is doing 4 watt and the second 3 watt.
    ..but for how many minutes? Just teasin ya, Jo, but.. really do-wish you had taken better care of Mr C., here, with the tech-issues we found in your modules (..and. sorry, had *nothing* to do with the 'builder', other than 'delivery-timing-issues'...) but... that's between you and your customer... Anyhoo...

Question: How much more 'space' inside these cases is there for other laser-modules? What, in your intimate inner-working knowledge of these cases, would-be the 'most you could pack-in', if you were going for full-RGB? What about just G+B? Lemme know, have a prospective Client in the Philippines-area for something like these.. and, well, since 'Superjoost and his magik " 9 watt " boo-boo boxes' are clearly-out of the running..

lemme know, thx..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

FWIW I've bought a case and some laser modules and other stuff from Edison over the years and been really happy with the products and support.

Thanks Mike, appriciate the kind words. @ Dsli-jon : I only have these 2 but they will fit also up till 5 watt to mix with the Blue ones. I,m happy to install a Green for you to mix with the Blue. The 3 watt have the new 9mm can diodes in them so you can crank it up to 4 or even 5 watt if you want to go Crazy.

The module is tec cooled with a tec plate to keep everything nice and stable. As the development process goes on i have learned a few things. In April this year i started with building 637nm red modules because the system that i use now is rock stable in temperture and allignment. The system that is use now took me another 8 months to develop but when it prooved that its stable i decided to go the 637nm route. I could start with 637 because i found a few suppliers that where willing to help me. They dont make allot of money because of the low quantity that i order but i do my best to get the numbers up. Kvant , RGB and others get the single mode diodes for a low price because of the quantity that they order but that,s just a downside of being a small company.

Most people know buy my modules because it has a Low divergence and they can call me 24 hours a day and because the module is doing what it should do. When i did some improvement on the development of my modules or i found a way to lower the divergence then i usually contact the people who bought a module in the past that their module can be improved. I only ask to pay for the parts. Its not smart financially because the time spend on a module takes up a whole day that i won,t get payed for. But i,m counting on that people will stay with me because of the service and quality. Competing with china and the internet is a dead end road in my opinion anyway. Kvant and RGB are in a different market and that is the market i want to be. I sell these 2 projectors for a competitive price if when realizing that a 3 watt blue projector from Kvant with 0.9mrd (half angle so 1.6 mrd full angle ) is 3820 with 28kpps scanners compared to 3 watt with 0.65mrd and 30kpps scanners :

http://www.synchrovision.co.uk/produ...canners-28kpps

I can install a green and turn it into cyan if someone is interested. FWIW I,m building a quad 6.4 watt at the moment for a member at the moment