Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 6- Carpool/rent car share & lodging- arrangements.

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    You may be doing all at SELEM a big favor by helping us to get Dr Sam to and/or from the event.
    Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are on opposite ends of the state. That's about six hours in the wrong direction. If my schedule wasn't totally slammed right up to leaving I might be up for a longer road trip, but I don't think I'll have the time to do an extra trip. Sorry, wish I could be of more help.

Where is Sam located in PA?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

South east Philadelphia - near the Main Line and the various Universities - Drexel, St Joesphs, U of Penn etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    South east Philadelphia - near the Main Line and the various Universities - Drexel, St Joesphs, U of Penn etc.
    Hmm, I'm not familiar with any of that. There's a chance (only if I'm totally out of my mind) that I'll be headed to SELEM from futher up north and driving down the Jersey Turnpike. If I make the trip and he can somehow meet me around the turnpike then I can give him a ride TO SELEM, but not back.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    ..and he can somehow meet me around the turnpike then I can give him a ride TO SELEM..
    ..and/or 'Go Greyhound'? ..I mean, what's a bus-ticket from Philly to Newton / thereabouts? Can't be more than someone, ie: driving from Pitts > Philly, or, working-out an xtra-flight / xtra-drive routing, etc.... Jus' sayin..

..and, unless he has some 'special needs', the bus is not all *that* bad.. I've taken them coast to coast, even, before, and.. well.. not a 'bikini-model-filled Lambo Countach', but.. ..still about the cheapest •A > •B out there..

..that is, unless someone sitting behind you goes crazy and saws your head-off while you're listening to your headphones.. lol.. I mean.. that was horrible..

$0.02
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Sam's house to exit 3 of the Jersey turnpike is probably about 20 minutes or so, barring traffic. It's not really far. There is a rest area between exit 3 and 4 that perhaps it's safe for him to leave a vehicle at if he were to consider that. It's on the southbound side only so, he's have to go just a few miles north, maybe on I-295, get on at 4 and come back south to get to it.

I think Mariomaster& Jeff can possibly have room for Sam returning home - he did that last year.

I have endured many long bus rides but would not wish the worst ones on anybody--
    I happened to be on one that stopped at every bus stop that had the monthly release of prisoners in east Texas-all of La. and northern Fl. I happened to be wearing clothing that matched what they were all wearing- bus driver stopped twice to threaten tossing some off for smoking in the loo and lots of booze- he made good on that threat in Gainesville Fl- the guy he put off had to wait for the next bus--12 hours later--7 pm to 7am-- on a bench in front of a closed biz-

Last chance...

24 hours left on my offer-- SELEM carpoool
    This time Friday I will be booking my flight to SELEM- any wanting to carpool have waited too long to make a decision.. Too bad as AFAIK two or three could ride there in a new rental car for less than two RT ickets.
    And be able to bring more gear-

- ah well I tried--

the deadline to pay(buffo) and still get a shirt is very near- paying at the door is certainly allowed but that will not lower the amount and you will not be getting the monogramed button collar polo shirt. AFAIK

Adult non forum-member guests get in free with you.
    Only paying attendees are entered into the super prize pool-some items are not highly impressive but many more are in the hundreds of dollars range and a few last year were worth more than 500$--

"Pango Bill" will be there and he is bringing some surprizes for all.

Mike Dunn is coming too!!! (search mike dunn laser) so we will not only see some of his awesome shows but have a chance to take one home as a door prize.(you must be present to win)
    . He was not able to make SELEM V but did donate two six or less minute shows- I was blessed with one of those songs-- VERY hard to make a choice--
    I am still not sure which one I want so may wait to see live some of his others at SELEM VI and then choose.

WE still need more to offer carpooling & lowering the cost of lodging by sharing a room or suite.
    Th Holiday IE has in the past been very accomidating to SELEM and seem to be fine with us squeezing extra folks into the rooms or suites-

driving ?? bring an airbed with you= you may not need it but another may so..

pillows & bedding are at the front desk.
    I will place a notebook at the front desk so any that would care to sign-in-Can.. add your room number/username on the forums and your cell #s... that would be nice and make getting together easy.
    we had five in one suite for one nite last year- a tad crowded but that dropped the cost to 20$ each plus tax.
    I am there for the lasershows not the Inn.

Just a quick note to everyone: I will be closing the shirt order at the end of July. After that, there is no guarantee that anyone who registers late will get a shirt. (Read: they probably won't get one.)

Also, we need another 9 people to register just to cover the venue costs, to say nothing of the shirts or other expenses. So come on people! Commit now so I can stop sweating!

Adam

Hak is paying his balance now- sorry it took so long to come to my senses..I can pick up ANY items sold by AixiZ for CASH at the venue...............
    (read COD) no shipping or taxes or PP fees .. I saw only one 445nm analog 1W(current adjustable) labby on Chuck's shelves today-- QSFB3- can be delivered for $498. 7 in stock ATM.
    he has plenty lasorbs( for R /or B/BR)-
    copper 3.8/5.6 & 9MM aixiz blank modules and glass 3 element lenses for red or B/Br. metal full threaded case AR coated
    or half thread for BR.

.if you see it at EEKbay/amazon or the aixiz store & its in stock - I can bring it-- new item I-Show SW@$75
    IIRC dont quote me on that for now..