Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SELEM 6- Carpool/rent car share & lodging- arrangements.

this is also in the OP
    but here too..........
    .UPDATE
    I am flying.
    here is lodging info..

in case you dont know this.....................

Holiday Inn Express--SELEM

Conover (Hickory Area)
    104 10th St. Nw Conover ,
    North Carolina 28613 United States
    Hotel Front Desk: 001-828-465-7070
    Hotel Fax: 001-828

http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/e...vr/hoteldetail
    ^^^ for more info or to book a room On-Line
    to get the SELEM rate you need to ask for it.. Edit Post .
    bump 27
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 07-20-2012 at 21:58. Reason: bump

RIDE TO SELEM FROM PHILLY AREA NEEDED FOR DR SAM

We still need a solid commitment on picking Dr Sam up (10 min from Philly) for his ride to SELEM-

ideally we would like to also have a back-up to cover in case of unforeseen problems. ANYONE willing to help please PM me asap even if you can just be the back-up ride-

So far we have a good ride for Sam's returning travel from Mariomaster and a few that could in a pinch back MM up. He has two other passengers now- but it looks like he has a ride home but we need to get him TO SELEM first.

I dont think Sam minds if the pick up needs to be very early or even if its after 9PM but I dont think he is much of a nite owl-
    WE ATM have Sams lodging arranged.

He does not care to drive much especially at night. He has planned to do a small presentation speech followed by a session of Q&A. For those bringing legacy gas lasers they are very few who know more about them than Sam- he ask expressed his willingness to trouble-shoot for anyone in need.

Thanks in advance for the replies and any other suggestions you may have.. hakzaw

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    RIDE TO SELEM FROM PHILLY AREA NEEDED FOR DR SAM

We still need a solid commitment on picking Dr Sam up (10 min from Philly) for his ride to SELEM-
    Wish I could give a solid commit to this. By the time I get back to Philly, I'll have been on the road for about 20+ hours. My plan, which is likely to change drastically depending on how the trip goes, is to make it back to Virginia by very late Wednesday night and find a hotel. Then, get up very early and make the rest of the trip to SELEM by noon on Thursday. Sam is welcome to join me in all this but it really is going to be an adventure.

I will let Sam know of the latest and I dont think he will be too disappointed if we just try again next year--

BUT if any reasonable method can be found we can still try right up until the event...- the return trip and room are arranged( but we still may need some $$ help once we get there)
    And if some rather 'adventurous' plan is offered we can always ask--he may surprize us as I know he really enjoyed last years SELEM and was happy to hear we were trying again this year so.. but please dont ask me to ask Sam to ride a bus.

I am Open ,however, for any other ideas.

Len
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 07-28-2012 at 12:28.

Will anybody have room for an extra person Friday and Saturday night?