Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choices, choices

So I imagine there's no way to bypass using the Alphalite interface with an Easylase one, right? Basically if I purchase Alphalite I'm going to have to deal with the hotspots and pauses, regardless? I'm definitely planning on just starting out with live beam shows, but who knows how far this is going to go (it'd be nice if I was able to pull this off pretty well). I imagine most of the places I'll be starting with will have a DJ or at very least a separate sound system. However, I didn't know that Alphalite only does TTL.... argh everything with laser scanners has ups and downs! lol

I definitely appreciate the thorough post though, it gives me a good idea of what they are, though I'm not any closer to figuring out which one to get :P

Yeah, the Alphalite uses a parallel DAC only. So you are always going to have the hot spot issues. (You can't use the EasyLase USB DAC with Alphalite)

It's not the Alphalite's fault, it's the fault of the parallel port. If you were to purchase Mamba and then connect a parallel DAC to it you would get the same problem.

Adam

Well I think for starters I'm going to run with Alphalite; the improvised live shows are what I plan on doing first so I better start with that. I suppose if someone has the demand for a pre-synced show I'll whip out the 'ol credit card take care of it when the time comes.