Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: LSX Show server

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lsx capture.GIF 
Views:	41 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	42225
    Here is my proof, may I have access? Thanks.

I am confused... Do we really need proof of owning LSX? I mean, it's an LSX file server, right? LSX files are binary files that only work with LSX. There has to be a better way of sharing "open source" LSX files than a private ftp server. If you want to protect your LSX files, then there is the option to protect them, making an "invitation only" LSX file server pretty much worthless. Am I missing something?

Why not a git repository? Or one of the many free SVN repositories? Sure, these are technically methods of file version control, but do indeed offer ways to "share" files with other users. These methods are not great for large binary files, but realistically, a "large" LSX file is something like 10MB, which is not really that large in the grand scheme of things.

I guess I am just really confused about the IP (intellectual property, not internet protocol) value associated with non-protected laser show files. I am open to any other suggestions and clarifications regarding IP and sharing of content.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFang View Post
    Why not a git repository? Or one of the many free SVN repositories? Sure, these are technically methods of file version control, but do indeed offer ways to "share" files with other users. These methods are not great for large binary files, but realistically, a "large" LSX file is something like 10MB, which is not really that large in the grand scheme of things.
    some of my shows are 80+MB.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    some of my shows are 80+MB.
    Which is still fairly small in relation to modern file sharing sizes...

Anyway, the problem we (I ?) am trying to solve is how to share files among a group without the limitation of a single point of failure or "gatekeeper" - which is the perceived problem at the moment. I am just looking for other solutions other than the current one which is obviously not the most efficient for newcomers like myself and fearless and laserco and laserlips and pianoman and lightinggeek, etc...

Drop Box? There has to be a better way other than wait for one dude to appear every other month and decide if you are worthy.

I also sent a pm last year and never got a reply... Please grant me access already!

Default Sever is up and clean!

OKOK!!! The server has been fully restored (thanks Apache' tech team and fuck you Guoe Dong China hackers group) BEFORE I issue new accounts I need someone to log on to affirm the accounts list is still active. I see it on server side but cannot confirm because I am internal side of router. SOOoo lets get this going shall we??
    Off of tour, no more video shoots and mind numbing paperwork. " Honey can me n my friends play lasers now?" "yes" she flatly proclaimed.
    No more mysequel on server. Someone just post here that they were able to log on.. all files are there, and NOT TO BE CONVERTED to ILDA.
    Last edited by nuphotonix; 02-25-2014 at 09:21. Reason: more infor not to over post

I am also looking to gain access. Still not sure what proof you need from me that I own LSX.

I'm able to get in again, Nuphotonix. At first glance things look fine and I'm able to download files.

Thank you for your efforts to restore the server after it was hacked!

-David

Quote Originally Posted by nuphotonix View Post
    OKOK!!! The server has been fully restored (thanks Apache' tech team and fuck you Guoe Dong China hackers group) BEFORE I issue new accounts I need someone to log on to affirm the accounts list is still active. I see it on server side but cannot confirm because I am internal side of router. SOOoo lets get this going shall we??
    Off of tour, no more video shoots and mind numbing paperwork. " Honey can me n my friends play lasers now?" "yes" she flatly proclaimed.
    No more mysequel on server. Someone just post here that they were able to log on.. all files are there, and NOT TO BE CONVERTED to ILDA.
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I tried for the heck of it and was able to get in as well.

Its my personal server, Please file all complaints to:
    Complaint Department:

There, now thats out of the way, I see that Bradford made it on the server.
    Reason why you MUST be a paid user of lsx. Because I was asked to make it that way it is not a PL server. If you own lsx No problems, if you dont, buy it. I will have permissions sent to those that have PM me. If your a user, PM me.. with your serial code. I will get you access.

As a reminder, this is a private server, that has a few sites on it and FTP file storage for other business. Currently at 16tb quad raid. I do not charge for the server space. I do however monitor the traffic... Multipul ip logins with the same user name and ID. I ban.