Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Laser-wave | lasermodules | not satisfied

Hello MasterPJ,

Well this is my tempory room ofcourse when i have enough money to move somewhere else,
    then i go immediately !! You are right. Its a good idea to follow some laser safety course
    about crowd scanning. because i blinded myself almost multiple times when making pictures :S
    I need this power because i like bright beams, and still i think it's not bright enough.
    I need more power :P on the last day of this year (how do i say it in English ?)
    i will try to give a lasershow in the street at 0:00 outside. that's why i need a lot of power,
    because my smoke machine isn't good enough to fill the air outside full with smoke.
    So the lasers are also visible a little bit where no smoke seems apear
    And i like atmospheric effects with some other beams a lot.
    And if i combine more than 1 cue then it's better to have more power, otherwise it isn't bright enough.

Little bit stupid that i killed the camera from my galaxy s :S but gladly me i need a new phone next week
    I got the phone 2 years now almost now i go try the galaxy s 3

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Thats a really bad camera fry.
    Why do you want so much laser power anyway?
    Looking from your room size you really don't need so much power.

Also I would be worried about my eyes standing so close to this thing.

Please do not crowd scan until you have done a laser safety course.
    Last edited by svandescheur; 11-25-2012 at 12:38.
    HOME-GROWN RGB PROJECTOR ALMOST FINISHED...

- Laser-wave 2.5W 445 , 2W 532 & 1.8W 637
    - Stanwax® ilda- , colourcorrection- , ds3- , power distributionboard & key-stop with start button
    - DT40-pro scanset @30K (Quickshow Limited)

powered by : P a n g o l i n

KFC ( Kentucky Fried Camera ) :P nice colour! , I just wish I had more reds
    Philipp Wetter

Thanks Phillipp,

yeah finally the projector is alive but still needs some little fine tune adjustments.
    And i have a colorcorrectionboard inside what needs also some adjustments.
    I never touched it anyways. What i have heard : 'the lasers looks much more nicer with colorcorrectionboard'
    But it's not a quite simple procedure. it takes minimal half an hour to get it right says the manual

Sander

Quote Originally Posted by svandescheur View Post
    You are right. Its a good idea to follow some laser safety course
    about crowd scanning. because i blinded myself almost multiple times when making pictures :S
    I'm not sure whether or not to take that as meaning you luckily avoided all of the beams or you got hit but your eye sight appears ok.

If the latter, I suggest you see an optician or Hospital optical department for a check up immediately as lasers don't cause total blindness unless they hit the optical nerve. It's quite possible to have holes in your vision very similar to those exhibited by your camera where individual "pixels" or rows of pixels in your sight are burned / missing / damaged. As the eyes retinas have no pain response, there's no way of knowing without an examination and the brain is very good at covering up damage so unless you happen to look at a surface that particularly lends itself to showing damage, you might never know.

I wouldn't deliberately put myself in front of a 500mw laser from that distance nevermind 5.5 Watts unless I had the pattern static and a safe means of entry / exit from the viewing point. Even then there is risk from software / hardware failure!

Hello MasterPJ,

Well this is my tempory room ofcourse when i have enough money to move somewhere else,
    then i go immediately !! You are right. Its a good idea to follow some laser safety course
    I need this power because i like bright beams, and still i think it's not bright enough.
    I need more power :P on the last day of this year (how do i say it in English ?)
    i will try to give a lasershow in the street at 0:00 outside. that's why i need a lot of power,
    because my smoke machine isn't good enough to fill the air outside full with smoke.
    So the lasers are also visible a little bit where no smoke seems apear
    And i like atmospheric effects with some other beams a lot.
    And if i combine more than 1 cue then it's better to have more power, otherwise it isn't bright enough.

Little bit stupid that i killed the camera from my galaxy s :S but gladly me i need a new phone next week
    I got the phone 2 years now almost now i go try the galaxy s 3
    Also do note I was trying to pick on you.
    It's because I care about people and I love lasers and harm caused by them is very off putting to new people and also gives a bad reputation and scare factor in general.

Regarding your being hit: Go to a hospital optical departement to get a foto taken of your retina.
    hit by the laser a few times is really bad especially with that distance and power, most likely you have damage now even though you might not notice it.
    And this is permanent.

Mostly because the fact that it's permanent I recommend you to take this post very very serious.
    If problems to the retina were able to be fixed (which is not possible) I would be freaked out less.

Just one other thing, if it isn't bright enough you're doing something wrong!

The laser in my avatar pic is a 2W kvant. You can tell its a real pic by the shutter artefacts running through it. It hasn't been altered in any way (other than resizing it to avatar size) and the viewing distance is similar to yours. I'd say those colours look pretty bright and pretty solid.

I wonder if perhaps you've been over doing the smoke or perhaps your experience of other lasers, pre your laserwave lasers (which are usually good), was cheap Chinese projectors that weren't actually making their claimed values.

Here's the full size version, you can just see a Makita drill case on the floor and a washer in the background. Those beams look pretty bright and solid to me for around 1/2 the wattage of your current laser.

Yes you're absolutely right ! that looks wonderfull. But i have made a big mistake... i know already
    I thought when i buy some high power lasers then i have good lasers.
    But i rather need better beamspec (small beam) than highpower.
    My red for example is 1.8W but it's not very very well stacked, the beam is still little too big.
    Also with the blue.. if i had choosed less power (less diodes inside) than i think the beam will be smaller
    And for mixing the colors very good i need 3 same beamsizes..
    The lasers i have are good, but still for me far from perfect and have different beamsizes. (i'm a little bit perfectionistic)
    The lasers are back since 2 weeks from laser-wave now.. but they don't want to make them perfect for some reasons.
    Maybe because they want to sell their new 638nm single beam or something. i don't know. but they can wait 5 years until i payed the lasers completely
    I think also the projector i have is still not bright enough for a 5-6W total power.
    There are some other problems too Still don't have the allignment perfect, because when i placed the mounts for the first time,
    i have made a big mistake. i have drilled the holes without powering the lasers on. so the mounts are mounted on the gamble
    Not exactly where it needs to be.. and i've noticed the red beam lase a little bit upwards and the green downwards, the green is now corrected,
    but the red i can't. i need some thermal gap filler pad or something and the dichro's from laserwave are wasting a lot of power from the blue & green.

About the smokemachine. maybe i have wrong fluid ?? the fluid i have used is a little bit old.. i left it in the tank (from smokemachine) for 4 months now.
    With the pictures i have shown you i have not used very much smoke.

Yesterday after 5 hours fucking with the dichro's i have in mind to build a new projector case/enclosure
    Because this one is too big & heavy & i want a center aperture instead of left

Next year when the warranty is over i go rebuild the laser-wave modules myself to see if i can get better results

Thanks for the help & information !

Sander

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Just one other thing, if it isn't bright enough you're doing something wrong!

The laser in my avatar pic is a 2W kvant. You can tell its a real pic by the shutter artefacts running through it. It hasn't been altered in any way (other than resizing it to avatar size) and the viewing distance is similar to yours. I'd say those colours look pretty bright and pretty solid.

I wonder if perhaps you've been over doing the smoke or perhaps your experience of other lasers, pre your laserwave lasers (which are usually good), was cheap Chinese projectors that weren't actually making their claimed values.

Here's the full size version, you can just see a Makita drill case on the floor and a washer in the background. Those beams look pretty bright and solid to me for around 1/2 the wattage of your current laser.

Last edited by svandescheur; 11-27-2012 at 08:20.

by the way i got Showtec smoke fluid.
    i don't know anything about smoke fluids.
    i have used the smokemachine maybe 6times or so.
    never used 1 before. It's all started short time before last year.
    i was building some laserpointers and now i'm addicted to lasers.
    and maybe i want to give some shows in the future, but first
    i need to learn a lot of things i'm still learning everyday

haha yeah i know, i wish i had spend the money to a new home instead of a projector
    Please don't be scared about my eyes. It never hit straight into my pupil...
    only some shimmering at the edge of my eyes. if you know what i mean ?
    I was very concerned about hitting the eyes. so i was very carefully.
    Only see some dead pixels/black spots right now
    And don't worry about me. i dont abuse the rules for lasers.
    i have some pointers. i know how dangerous it is. some friends have asked me to borrow my laser.
    I will never ever borrow my laser to somebody. you never don't know what they do with it.
    if they want fun, they need to get their own lasers for sure. of course sometimes it's fun to scare some walking people, but never hit someone.
    last time i was shining at the grass and saw a rabbit jumping 1 m high into the air serious that was hilarius

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Also do note I was trying to pick on you.
    It's because I care about people and I love lasers and harm caused by them is very off putting to new people and also gives a bad reputation and scare factor in general.

Regarding your being hit: Go to a hospital optical departement to get a foto taken of your retina.
    hit by the laser a few times is really bad especially with that distance and power, most likely you have damage now even though you might not notice it.
    And this is permanent.

Mostly because the fact that it's permanent I recommend you to take this post very very serious.
    If problems to the retina were able to be fixed (which is not possible) I would be freaked out less.

oh and i take pictures with scanning at PAUSE !
    No moving beams in the room
    the pictures i have shown in this post was a little bit tricky sometimes.
    because i wanted to take the picture in the center of the cone/square/whatever
    and at that point i was busy to get into that "circle/square" safely to get the pictures,
    but i was forgotten to keep the camera away from the "beams" and then it fried