Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Laser-wave | lasermodules | not satisfied

Quote Originally Posted by svandescheur View Post
    by the way i got Showtec smoke fluid.
    i don't know anything about smoke fluids.
    i have used the smokemachine maybe 6times or so.
    never used 1 before. It's all started short time before last year.
    i was building some laserpointers and now i'm addicted to lasers.
    and maybe i want to give some shows in the future, but first
    i need to learn a lot of things i'm still learning everyday
    If there was any problem with your smoke usage, its not likey to be the brand but the amount you use. If you oversmoke you can kill the brightness on even very powerful lasers. The trick is to find the balance between visibility and smoke level. Sometimes less is more. You want just enough to give good bright definition. Add too much and you'll find the beam brightness drops off very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by svandescheur View Post
    by the way i got Showtec smoke fluid.
    It's all started short time before last year.
    i was building some laserpointers and now i'm addicted to lasers.
    LOL, This addiction, i bought a 20mW green pointer with a diffraction cap 2 years ago and now im sitting with 3 RGB, 2 Green projectors, and 3 FB3's with Beyond...
    I feel your pain...
    2x 1W RGB(DT40 PRO)
    1x 4W RGB, Full diode (DT40 WIDE)
    2x 1W, 532nm(DT40 WIDE)
    1x ALC68 ArgonGasser with 8ch, PCAOM
    5xFB3SE, BEYOND

In progress, 2x 2,5w RGB

Hi Doc, my name is Chad and I am am very interested in knowing how you resolved this issue with your red laser. Where you able to pin point the fault?
    I am having the same issue with a Laserworld PL - 1700RGB & I cannot figure out whats going wrong. This seemed to have started when I started using LD 2000 pro
    and Beyond. If I connect ILDA and select test pattern or effect the lasers emit for a few seconds and then stop, no lasers are coming out at all. I unplugged ILDA
    and activated automatic mode and its perfect all colors showing.
    I came home and was trying to test it again with Beyond, cut all lasers out after a few seconds and would not project anything after that. I noticed the projection came out
    for a few seconds, cut out and then flashed came back on for a few more seconds then nothing at all.. In automatic mode it is now only emitting the Green and Blue laser, Red doesn't come on at all.

I have tried swapping out the ILDA cable, I have tried using FB3 and QM2000.net, I have tried changing TTL & Analog in the software?? I have 2 smaller lasers CS 1000RGY & CS 1000RGB and I normally run these on the FB3 and they having no issues. I run the PL on the QM2000.net and set up in LD 2000 Pro, had it running and testing in my room the past few days and no problems. Suddenly yesterday I went to do a trial run at venue and set up parameters and it started malfunctioning?? I found it particularly strange it started when I was setting up BAM in BEYOND?

Please can anyone direct me as to what I can test to see if its not the RED laser gone or its driver. Also why all laser do not emit when ILDA connected and if this may have caused my Red laser to blow if it has? This is a fairly new Projector and only used it for 2 Gigs so far at max its been used for 8 Hours. I am using new ILDA cables I bought via Laserworld and unfortunately I an just over the warranty period for the projector. If anyone can explain how I may test the Driver, ILDA board or Laser so I can then replace I would gratefully appreciate the advice..

I know Laserworld may not have the best track record and I have learnt that first hand especially with there lower end projectors, but as anyone starting out I have learnt who the better laser manufacturers are and will be investing in that in the near future, namely KVANT.

Has it got a safety board fitted?
    Are you using longer cable runs at the venue than at home for testing?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE View Post
    Hi Doc, my name is Chad and I am am very interested in knowing how you resolved this issue with your red laser. Where you able to pin point the fault?

Helloi Chad,

The only way that solved the problem was by reducing a little bit the diode current with the potentiometer on the driver board. I suspected the red laser power that was like 200mW out of the 170mW spec... so replacing the laser driver as finally not the solution I got a replacement laser driver from Laserwave and the problem was still occuring!! So i figured out myself that it's probably a kind of overcurrent protection.. everything is working fine now. =)

Doc
    Pangoline Quickshow FB3
    H-RGB1800 with DT40 and Laserwave OEM pro S modules (r637nm 190mWg532nm 710mWb447nm 850mW)
    Old set of G120 scanners and one Cambridge 6850
    1.4W 445 blue pointer

Hi Norty, am using 50m Ilda cable both at venue and home. Do need to make up shorter cable for home. Safety board am not quite sure about, I can check if I knw what to look for. I opened it up last night have found drivers for the lasers, drivers for scanners, there is a board with LD 2000 and some other writing on, is that the Ilda board or is the Ilda board near the Ilda in connection? I will post some pics tonight so you can have a look. Am not an electrical expert but willing to take advice and learn. Much appreciated Norty.

Thanx for your reply Doc. I will get some help to test that. I am just concerned that I am getting no red even when running on automatic or music active? Also all 3 of my lasers shut down when using Ilda? So if its current I would have to adjust all 3 pots. I used to use Phoenix Live 4 and never had this issue, think I will try it tonight with Phoenix and see if it comes right? Just a bit stressed as I have a gig this Sat and rely on this Projector as the main scanner. Hope I can resolve it with help from you guys. Many thanx Chad

Hi Norty, I have uploaded a few pictures of the projector PCB boards and the driver boards... I ran another test when I got home, I plugged the projector into my Phoenix Live 4 DAC and opened Phoenix Live.... The projector managed fine without cutting out, however I still have no red coming out? Tried colour settings etc but still nothing. I am happy that its not cutting out with the ILDA connection anymore, also tried it on Beyond and LD 2000 and it seems to be stable now with the ILDA connection?? I noticed after opening and fiddling with connections on the boards that my ILDA signal LED on the front of the projector is coming on now when I connect via ILDA? I was not getting this signal light
    over the past few days..
    Norty how can I check the Red laser and its driver board to see if its not blown? When I power up Projector and Beyond there is a Red LED that comes on the RED laser driver unit, its just stationary and not blinking like the other driver boards.. You mentioned about a safety board, I provided a few pics I managed to take, I am not very familiar with electronics but trying to learn as much as I can. Do you think the safety board could cause the Red Laser to shutdown? I am just confused after powering down and up, swapping out DACS and even trying it on a different Laser software package why it has not reset itself. Even in standalone mode or automatic there is no RED Laser.
    I just want to be able to test whether its a fault with the Driver or the Laser? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0828.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	36508Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0829.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	36509Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0831.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	36510Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0834.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	36511Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0838.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	36512Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0839.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	36513Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0840.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	36514