Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling DrLavas LaserDACLibrary (UDAC) from C#.NET

Hey There,
    I played around with a wrapper quite some time ago, but didn't have much luck either. I was chomping at the bit to make a working wrapper for it but hit a snag then got distracted. Unfortunately I got hung up on the first stage of any laser app, the "init" of the dac(s). I will attach the test program I started to mess with, if you would like to compare notes. If you can get it to fly, that would be great. I sold my Riya DAC, and now just have a couple of old easylase to fiddle with. I haven't been laser coding too much in the last few years, but I do kinda miss the torture Good luck, I'm rootin' for ya.
    -Mike

edit: I looked more closely in that project and I didn't implement the SendFrame yet-
    One thing that I typically did in the past when making wrappers like this was to look at existing wrappers that I knew worked.
    Here is a snippet of the DLLIMPORT lines from the easylase wrapper- they should still have this sample code available for download somewhere on the jmlaser website.
    [DllImport(@"easylase.dll", CallingConvention = CallingConvention.StdCall)]
    private static extern bool EasyLaseClose();
    private static extern int EasyLaseGetCardNum();
    [DllImport("easylase.dll")]
    private static extern int EasyLaseGetStatus(ref int cardNumber);
    private static extern bool EasyLaseStop(ref int cardNumber);
    private static extern bool EasyLaseWriteFrame(ref int cardNumber, EasyLasePoint[] datapointer, int bytecount, ushort speed);
    [DllImport("easylase.dll")]
    private static extern int EasyLaseDMXOut(ref int cardNumber,byte[] dmxdata,ushort basechannel,ushort numchannels );

-Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mikkojay; 07-25-2012 at 22:52.

Thanks mikkojay

I will take a look right now, and write back later to say something.

I think I have no problems with DLLIMPORT or calling Laser library Functions. I get no Error on Etherdream Init, number of devices=1, but no DEVICE NAME shows when calling getDACinfo.

And when it begin sending frames everything goes wrong, projector just paints a bunch of linesClick image for larger version. 

Name:	wrapper.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	33956.

I have also attached my test code, maybe you can see something on it. I will test yours.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Osithlon; 07-26-2012 at 00:17.

After some holidays, I´m back.

I´ve decide to continue with C++ and not try to export UDAC to C#.

Thanks everybody

I have a C++ class wrapper that I have been working on. If you are interested I can email you a copy of it.

Quote Originally Posted by cfavreau View Post
    I have a C++ class wrapper that I have been working on. If you are interested I can email you a copy of it.
    Hi Chris

Of course Im interested, I have made some nice improvements in my project with C++, but Im sure I can be faster and more efficient if I use C#.

Send me aprivate.

Thanks in advance

Let me know if you still need a sample C# project or file. I talked to drLava a while ago and we successfully wrapped the basic functions. Works absolutely fine. I'm just not lucky with the blanking bit yet, but can't be such a big issue.

Matthias

Quote Originally Posted by Osithlon View Post
    How to use DRLavas Library from C#.NET. I tried using DLLIMPORT, but there are lots of pointers and other types that gives sosme problems converting to C#.
    Create an unsafe .net wrapper DLL.

Hi Nagilo,

Im working with C++, but it wil lbe great if you can give access to you code and make some test with your C# wrapper.

Let me know wher eto download it, or sen it to my email.

Thnaks in advance

Hey Osithlon.

Sorry for the delay - I was a bit busy these days. Here the link for the C# version. It was created in .NET Framework 4.0 using VisualStudio 2010. Set the right enum for your DAC in Program.cs and checkout the DAC.cs and NativeMethods.cs on how to use the underlying unmanaged LaserDAC_Demo that was originally created by drLava. Many thanks to him.

Download here

Mat

Thanks Nagilo, i will try it and tell you something about it.