Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Calling DrLavas LaserDACLibrary (UDAC) from C#.NET

Default Nagilos C# Wrapper for Dr Lavas UDAC modified and working with Etherdream

Hi

Here is the Nagilos C# Wrapper for Dr Lavas UDAC modified and working for me with Etherdream + UDAC.

The principal change I made is on the struct LaserPoint, now its a new class with 3 different constructors.

This consructors put all colors to 0 value when we have blanking. 2 of this constructors are for multicolor systems, but public LaserPoint(Point punto, Boolean visible) does not supports multicolor. its for my poor green laser.

I also made some adjustments in order to get Etherdream working for me so if you are using a different DAC you must change using (var instance = DAC.Initialize(ControllerTypes.All, ControllerType.EZAUDDAC))

The example code is for a multicolor laser so if you have a green laser your circle wont show complete and you must use the monocolor constructor.

Thanks again to NAgilo, he give the key and nowI have a entire house.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dear @j4cbo (Jacob),

I only have one question, which is, whether I would still require Dr. Lava's UDAC
    to communicate with my Ether Dream. It seems I would not, am I correct?

And: thank you very much for your post, and for your kind attention to this matter.
    And please allow me to say, congratulations on what is clearly a terrific product.
    Even though I have only just received it, and I have not got it working yet -- --
    it is quite clear that you are the only manufacturer thinking about expanding the
    market for laser control, to all of the audiovisual artists using OSC in combination
    with Max/MSP, PureData, Processing, Ableton, and OpenFrameworks, especially in OSX.
    The other manufacturers are a decade behind you in this attitude. When I get my laser
    working, you can be certain I will be advertising your product.

Sincerely,
    Golan Levin

You wouldn't need it. UDAC is a wrapper around a number of other libraries that various DAC manufacturers have released; it exports one API and acts as a shim to adapt to the various interfaces/semantics that manufacturers have come up with. Unfortunately, since most commercially-available DACs that I know of only have Windows drivers available (if they have any API at all), UDAC is also Windows-only. (It talks to the Ether Dream by using the EtherDream.dll that I wrote, which itself just uses plain ol' TCP.)

And thanks! The laser industry sometimes tends towards walled gardens, which are bad for everyone, so I'm glad to help open things up

Quote Originally Posted by j4cbo View Post
    Unfortunately, since most commercially-available DACs that I know of only have Windows drivers available (if they have any API at all), UDAC is also Windows-only. (It talks to the Ether Dream by using the EtherDream.dll that I wrote, which itself just uses plain ol' TCP.)
    So much for "Universal", grr. Thanks for being awesome.

Hi there

Problem with animations solved. At the end the main thing was to keep pps value at maximum for my scanner, and calaculate needed frames to move from point A to point B for example in 5 seconds. When I have the number of frames needed I just calculate coordinates for those frames and paint them.

I needed a new list of lists structure but everything is easier now with C#, thanks Nagilo!!!

Any questions

Hey Osithlon.

I'm glad that my C# wrapper was of some help I talked to DrLava about the blanking problem. You have to put the value of 64 into the laser_point.k bit if the point should remain empty. Also, use an empty color in that case.

Cheers

Mat

Hi Nagilo

Blanking and quality problems are solved by repeating points. I mean I just repeat 10 times the first and last point of every form I draw, so when the laser has to move from A to B without painting it moves from and stable position to a stable position. By repeating point its like the laser has time to break at point B, then position the mirrors and begin the new form without make strange forms.

Thanks

Any news ???

i would also be interested in any news. i have hooked all up but the ether dream box is not found by the library. deviceCount of the LDL_Init returns always 0 devices... any ideas?

also, the code is now open source on github, i hope nobody minds this, if so please write me.

https://github.com/tebjan/VVVV.LaserDAC