Thread: Fighting with lasever

Thumbs down Fighting with lasever

Im fighting with lasever over a 532nm module i got.
    Im going to explain the situation a bit.
    I ordered a 2x600mW module wich are coupled over pbs cube.
    I expected it would run on 5v. Because the last 532nm module from them was 5v. In my emails of buying the module i already said i had a 5v psu.

Well after receiving the module package i hooked it up to a laserbee 2.5w and put 5v on the driver and 5v on the modulation input. Then the lasersbee unit said it was 800mW max and 700mW average after giving it 5mins of time.
    This was not what i paid for so i mailed lasever with the problem.
    Lasever said the unit required 6v...well ok...my Psu could only reach 5,5v so i asked if this was okay. Lasever asked what the module did on this voltage so i tried. The unit hit 1.1W for a short time thrn began to drop fairly fast and the fans were also suddenly dropping in noise.
    Then the driver gave smoke....so the driver was dead.
    So i contacted lasever and they maintain that the driver needs 6v so they would ship a new driver and psu...i would only pay for the 6v psu and for the shipping costs.
    I got it and tested the psu power. It was doing 5,5v...also has same dimensions as my other psu so i find that fishy...i also asked if they were sure about the 6v and they were.
    Well after receiving the new psu and driver exactly desame happened. The driver burned.
    Lasever thinks its my fault...
    They asked about how i connected everything...i made 3 vids and 3 photos for them showing how i connected the wires. I ten-times checked it and both lasever and me didnt think it was a connection problem. Instead they ask if i didnt drop solder in the driver...and that i didnt mount the driver and psu and laser head on a aluminium plate....stopid excuses imo...for a test of 1min no mount on alu is needed and desame burn on both drivers...

We both want me to ship the unit back but there are 2 problems with this:
    My paypal protection runs out in 5 days or so and they only want to refund after they received it back.
    They want the oackage back on the condition i mark it as 40usd....fine with me but their risk...they dont want to take that risc and again...buyers protection ends soon.

They say they take responsibility for their stuff...well i find it hard to believe that they tested my unit before finishing it.
    I prefer a laser then money...

Im starting the dispute saturday and lasever will probaly defend themselfs then.
    Also a problem is that after saturday im in spain for 3 weeks. So i then can only provide info from my iphone but not ship anything or run more tests or shit with the package.
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

Last edited by p1t8ull; 07-26-2012 at 13:10.
    A little bit werrrr, a little bit weyyyyyy, a little bit arrrrgggghhh

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
    Instead they ask if i didnt drop solder in the driver...and that i didnt mount the driver and psu and laser head on a aluminium plate....stopid excuses imo...for a test of 1min no mount on alu is needed and desame burn on both drivers...
    So did you mount either the old or replacement driver on a heatsink at all?

2 threads?? Tres confusion reigns!
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Hmm seems the post pixie is meddling again this evening