Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Strobes: Xenon vs LED

A last thing...a xenon tube has shorter life than LED...
    Usually a good xenon tube is fine at least up 1,000,000 (a million) of flashes at full brightness, then its emission starts to become weak.
    But we're talking about one million of flashes!!!
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

I use these to simulate lighting in my Display they work great and are DMX

http://www.guitarcenter.com/American...&cagpspn=pla&=
    leading in trailing technology

Here is mine. It also works great and spare xenon bulb is very cheap (about Euros 12).
    I well know it isn't a real professional strobe, but it is enough to me(1500W). I am fully satisfied of it.
    http://www.thomann.de/ie/stairville_...wer_strobe.htm
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

That's the think I was thinking about too. The cost of the replacement xenon tubes are not that much. The other thing is, I am really only going to use it for Halloween. Even then, I am only going to flash it when the thunder claps in my sound effect, which isn't a lot. For those who are interested and also set up for halloween, this is the sound clip I am using.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9gCA5XxYFw (watch your sound volume!)

It is from an old Telarc CD. For those of you who were into high end stereo back in the day, Telarc was the Cadillac of recording studios for sound quality. Some of their CDs actually had warnings on them about the dynamic range of their CDs and to check your volume levels before playing because they ranged from ultrasonic down to infrasonic. They performed a lot of movie scores and other pieces. Chiller was a collection of scores from the old classic horror/mystery movies. The opening sequence is great and I love using it for halloween.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Not sure if you have ever heard of light-o-Rama but You should check it out there are some great things that can be done with it. Here is there thunder lighting example. http://www.wowlights.com/ProductDeta...19&Product=274 I also have a sequence that is very close to this so if ya want it I'd give it to you.
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    For those of you who were into high end stereo back in the day, Telarc was the Cadillac of recording studios for sound quality. Some of their CDs actually had warnings on them about the dynamic range of their CDs and to check your volume levels before playing because they ranged from ultrasonic down to infrasonic.
    they still make great disks! I have a Telarc 1812 overture on SACD that goes to like 8Hz, sounds amazing

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    they still make great disks! I have a Telarc 1812 overture on SACD that goes to like 8Hz, sounds amazing
    Is this the one with the canons? If it is the one I am thinking of, if you have a sub, it will rattle the pictures off the wall! I have another one with the Jurassic park music and other fantasy adventure music. One of the sound effect tracks is a T-Rex "scene" If you have a good sub, you can "feel" the T-Rex footsteps. Yep, you can't get better than Telarc!
    Last edited by absolom7691; 07-29-2012 at 22:42.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Is this the one with the canons? If it is the one I am thinking of, if you have a sub, it will rattle the pictures off the wall! I have another one with the Jurassic park music and other fantasy adventure music. One of the sound effect tracks is a T-Rex "scene" If you have a good sub, you can "feel" the T-Rex footsteps. Yep, you can't get better than Telarc!
    It is, and I do

and in addition to the dedicated sub my Martin Logan SL3's each have a 10" for lows each soooo... much boom boom!

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    It is, and I do

and in addition to the dedicated sub my Martin Logan SL3's each have a 10" for lows each soooo... much boom boom!
    Very nice! I am running Apogee Calipers which don't have great bass and are extremely power hungry since they are a ribbon dipole. They will even clip my Carver M 1.5 amp! ...but my twin Hsu's bring me my bass. They are the old Hsu's (cylindrical cabinets) with 12" drivers. I am powering both of those with a Carver cube. I still kept all my CDs. MP3's are fine for the car or for earbuds, but uncompressed music on a "good" stereo... can't be touched. If you want something that will rattle your walls, try Phillip Glass's Koyaanisqatsi soundtrack... Track #1. It is the lowest I have ever heard a pipe organ go....

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Not sure if you have ever heard of light-o-Rama but You should check it out there are some great things that can be done with it. Here is there thunder lighting example. http://www.wowlights.com/ProductDeta...19&Product=274 I also have a sequence that is very close to this so if ya want it I'd give it to you.
    Thanks! I might hit you up on that. Let me see if I can put something decent together with what I've got. If it doesn't look right, I will take you up on that. Thanks again!