Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: CT Lasers 21W RGB

svandeschur-

With all due respect, please do not tell my customers what to ask for. I have built over 30 professional Laser systems being sold to clients all over the world. I have not had a single complaint, defect, warranty issue or *ANY* problems with a system of mine because of the absence of aperture glass.

As i tried to explain previously, the non-use of aperture glass is more for certification purposes rather than functionality purposes. It is a "technicality" concept. If a customer asks or requests a window (in which 2 have) Than I have no problem adding one and adjusting paperwork and safety as needed.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Hello Mr. gottaluvlasers,

i have readed the messages before and i understand what you are meaning.
    you're right i don't need to tell you're customers something about that.
    i think you are pro enough to know what good for the lasers is.
    and the lasers you build are looking very nice.

thanks for the information and good luck with your company !

Best Regards,

Sander

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    svandeschur-

With all due respect, please do not tell my customers what to ask for. I have built over 30 professional Laser systems being sold to clients all over the world. I have not had a single complaint, defect, warranty issue or *ANY* problems with a system of mine because of the absence of aperture glass.

As i tried to explain previously, the non-use of aperture glass is more for certification purposes rather than functionality purposes. It is a "technicality" concept. If a customer asks or requests a window (in which 2 have) Than I have no problem adding one and adjusting paperwork and safety as needed.

-Marc
    Last edited by svandescheur; 08-03-2012 at 12:32.
    HOME-GROWN RGB PROJECTOR ALMOST FINISHED...

- Laser-wave 2.5W 445 , 2W 532 & 1.8W 637
    - Stanwax® ilda- , colourcorrection- , ds3- , power distributionboard & key-stop with start button
    - DT40-pro scanset @30K (Quickshow Limited)

powered by : P a n g o l i n

flecom,
    Thanks for the link. Did you ever resolve the dual spot and do you have an estimate of the size/distance of the spot or even the dbl if it still exists? What is your estimate of the contrast around the periphery of the spot on the Kvant. In other words how does the spot compare to the other lasers in the projector re extraneous spill?

Marc,

Would a removable aperture cover (like a lens cap) provided for storage and that had a high quality AR window over the aperture be of any value and cover both concerns?

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    ^^ that is correct. It is a US Regulations thing and the way Lasers get certified. Sometimes i include AR windows. Most of the time i dont. Havent had 1 complaint yet.

If there is an AR window- than a user needs to open the case to clean optics. Thus, this would require case interlocks.

I can elaborate if desired.

-Marc
    Mark just wondering here, why not make the aperture a detachable thingy.
    Like a little plate around a glass aperture which you can just take off if you need to clean it.
    you wouldn't be opening the actual case technically speaking right?

yes masterpj i agree with you !

like this or something :

Attachment 34058
    HOME-GROWN RGB PROJECTOR ALMOST FINISHED...

- Laser-wave 2.5W 445 , 2W 532 & 1.8W 637
    - Stanwax® ilda- , colourcorrection- , ds3- , power distributionboard & key-stop with start button
    - DT40-pro scanset @30K (Quickshow Limited)

powered by : P a n g o l i n

I know I wouldn’t want a projector without a window, for that matter I won’t settle for less than hermetically sealed projectors with heat exchange systems anymore. Ever since I did a beach party (indoors) with conventional projectors, where afterwards I had to disassemble all projectors to clean them, even though all systems had filters on the ventilation, it was incredible. Nothing like getting the inners of your projector sandblasted.

I know I wouldn’t want a projector without a window, for that matter I won’t settle for less than hermetically sealed projectors with heat exchange systems anymore. Ever since I did a beach party (indoors) with conventional projectors, where afterwards I had to disassemble all projectors to clean them, even though all systems had filters on the ventilation, it was incredible. Nothing like getting the inners of your projector sandblasted.
    Are most "conventional projectors" open at, yet only at, the aperture? That surprises me and seems like an interference (once again) of government regulators that will cause rather than prevent people from entering the projector case. The scanners aren't the only optics that get dirty.

Solarfire,
    Why did you have the beach party indoors?
    Last edited by planters; 08-04-2012 at 19:27.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    Solarfire,
    Why did you have the beach party indoors?
    I didn’t have the party indoors this was in a club here in Germany I only did the show there. They dispersed truckloads of beach sand in the club and decorated tropical and so on. About half way through the night I started to wonder why it appeared that the lasers are losing power.
    I never saw anything like what I saw in my projectors afterwards. Everything was coated with a glittery crystalline coating of ultra-fine dust. No chance of wiping anything off without having a sandpaper effect on the optics. For that matter no chance of getting that crap out of there short of disassembling and cleaning all parts individually. No need to say that sucked so much, that after that it’s hermetically sealed projectors only for me..

Interesting conversation!

Intriguing, and makes me wonder how my projector will fair in dusty conditions.

Oh well, only way to find out would be the hard way xP..... not really.
    Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.
    Bertrand Russell

Quantum Lasers & Visuals

Some good points have been brought up here and good conversation.

Few things...

1) We are forgetting that the MAIN reason for the open aperture is more of a technicality wording issue for certification purposes. I like the idea of a removeable aperture window. This is something that I can look into. But in all honesty, i manufacture under the assumption of, "It aint broke- dont fix it." Like i have said before, between my own systems and systems sold world wide i have not had one single issue of my systems being degraded because of the lack of an aperture window. Yes, of course- the optics have the *POTENTIAL* to become dirtier, quicker, but it has never once been a system degradation issue.

2) All of my systems are built with cooling providing positive case pressure. This HIGHLY limits the amount of dust/dirt that enters the case. Again, of course- things get dirty. But it has never been an overwhelming issue. And funny enough- just did 2 indoor beach parties this past winter and not a single issue with any of my systems. Actually- all optics were perfect afeter the show. (surprising to me also).

3) Yes, most projectors are open at only the aperture. The CDRH, under certification addresses this as a safety regulation. There must be NO exit of light (or the possibility of) exit of light through any other openings in the system.

4) The reason why most systems are certified like this is again, due to the FDA/CDRH wanting to see too many safety redundancies. If i put an aperture window, than i then have to allow rmeoval of a panel (in writing under certification). then i have to provide an interlock on that panel. with a fail safe. Then i have to prove to them that said interlock can not be overridden and allow the exposure of radiation above class 1A limits. This is a bunch of silly non-sense, time, labor, design and HOURS of work that is not needed to satisfy a "wording technicality" issue. (remember- this is a business, not hobby. So time, parts, labor and design is all money. Which translates down to the client. It may seem petty and "nickel/dime" here. but nickels and dimes add up VERY quickly in business).

ANY system i have ever sold i am QUITE sure (ahem, cough cough...) has nevvvvver had a panel removed to clean optics. Of course not. In other words, what the client does to disregard the warnings of "removing this panel will expose you to hazardous radiation" is his or her choice. I tell them and warn them in clear writing that it is not allowed, not needed and hazardous. However, so is speeding, going through red lights and turning right on red when the sign tells us not to. However- none of us EVER do those things either!!!

Remember- certification is a very "tricky" thing. you NEVER want to certify yourself into a corner. Provide too much info., provide too much to be questioned and products become impossible.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems