Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: CT Lasers 21W RGB

Cool CT Lasers 21W RGB

Well, I've finally decided to post about it. I went out and got myself a monster of a laser from Marc. I cant wait to post pictures and get it up and running. I'll hopefully have it in a few weeks or so, pictures soon after, maybe even a video.

5.8W 637nm KVANT red
    8W 532nm Viasho green
    8W 445nm KVANT blue
    Eyemagic EMS-4000 30k scanners

she's a beautiful little monster of a laser eh?

Doing business with Marc was easy, great, and I am grateful for his patience with me! haha
    Last edited by Darcean; 08-12-2012 at 14:27.
    Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.
    Bertrand Russell

Quantum Lasers & Visuals

Quote Originally Posted by Darcean View Post
    5.9W 637nm KVANT red
    ::::::::

cool lucky man
    the question is why are all the big rgb projectors out there so mis-matched ?
    you spend all that money ,and to get a good white ya got to turn green and blue down, and end up with a 12w rgb balanced.
    or are things looking different when you get in the big power ?
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Wow what a nice monster, can't wait to see pics!
    I just hope you will encounter less problems than I recently had with my 4Ws from Viasho...

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    cool lucky man
    you spend all that money ,and to get a good white ya got to turn green and blue down, and end up with a 12w rgb balanced.
    I calculate around 17W of almost-perfect whitelight with this config... At full power it will still be white, but rather a coldish white!

And that's why you find software color balance. You can make your white as you want, and have more punch with individual colors

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    cool lucky man
    Ya know, I'll tell you how the white is when I see it =] but I asked myself the same question when I looked up nusalt laser projector specs... for their 30w rgb, edit: here's their specs.. just went to the website: 2.5Watts (2,500mW) 650nm Red
    20 Watts (20,000mW) 445nm Blue
    6 Watts (6,000mW) 532nm Green.. I was like hmmmm o.O sooo muchhhh blllluuuuee XD
    Last edited by Darcean; 07-29-2012 at 12:28.
    Bertrand Russell

Quantum Lasers & Visuals

I hope to see one of CT's bigger rigs at SELEM.
    leading in trailing technology

Couple things-

1) At this point in the technology, 6W is pretty much the ceiling for red unless you start going to multiple wavelengths of red (637 and 660 for around 10W or so.). But then you fall into problems with combining optical areas (would more than double the size of the enclosure).

2) Also, costs at these powers go up exponentially. As in a W or so difference in red is probably around $3000-$4000 difference. If not more.

3) 6W of red- LOL- 6 WATTS of red. This is STUPID bright. Not to mention, it is a thicker beam (not ugly thick. just multi-diodes so ~4mmX4mm). This beam can be seen in broad daylight, outdoors, on a beach while scanning a liquid sky.

4) White balance according to what? Chroma? this thing is a nice arctic white. and in all honesty, wasnt designed (nor are ANY projectors at these powers really) designed or meant for high end graphics shows where "white balance" becomes a little more important (sometimes).

Will it do graphics? of course. and does them great. But its meant more as an outdoor or large venue Beam system.

If you software adjust this for a "perfect" white, it may drop down to about ~18W or so. However- I would NEVER do that. lol. Turn laser power DOWN?? Is that even possible? lol...

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

I see everyone is waiting for me...

Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I see everyone is waiting for me...

hahaha I will once I get it =)
    Bertrand Russell

Quantum Lasers & Visuals

I agree with Marc that calculating a "balanced " white is only part of the story. Sure, If your 20W projector is 18W blue with 1W red and 1W green then you have something more like a 3W projector with a VERY exciting blue punch when you want it. This isn't going to be as versatile or beautiful as a 6+6+6, but its going to be a lot more exciting than a 3W alone.

I'm also coming around slowly to the idea that rather than a single mega powerful (read expensive) projector, several less powerful units that unload a single scanner unto a few cooperating scanners is more interesting. The scanners are smaller, faster and can cover smaller areas to further increase their performance. The beams are thinner and the origins are distributed around the venue for more complex patterns.

But...I can't wait to see some pics.