Thread: Converted G-Tech G-XL (ttl) to an RGB projector.

Default Converted G-Tech G-XL (ttl) to an RGB projector.

Hi guys,

I know, i know there are a lot of build threads here but I just wanted to share this with you.
    I had an G-Tech G-XL ttl modulated and that was my first laser. I just wanted to know if I really liked the laser hobby (uhm duh! haha) and soon I got irritated on the handicap called ttl. I bought my second laser from Edison (Johan) and I'm very pleased with it. But the G-tech was still a pain in the ass ;p So on the last dutch LEM al the nice people the had an look on it an said well its easy to convert it to analog but you could also make it RGB. Then the ball started to roll and Johan made me a nice RedBlue module. After a day of work we converted the little bastard to RGB!!! It's doing now 600mW of blue (445), 300mW of red (637) and 180mW green. Yes I have to say that the green is not enough an so the white is a little bit purple/pink. I'm thinking of to replace them for a stronger one in time. I also have plans to sell the G-tech and buy/build 2 satellite's back but that is just something I really have to think about (uhm something with money... ) I also replaced the old scannerhead (12K) for a DT30.

Well I talked enough about it all you guys want to see is some pictures right? Well here they are:

This is how the G-tech looked like when I bought it:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4132.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	34038
    A really nice build projector. Nothing glued or taped. There's even a "scannerhouse". Nothing bad to say about it!

What I did was I got out the small existing 'optic table' and replaced it whit a bigger plate of aluminum. So there was space for the RB module and driver, scanner amps and the green module:

Name:	DSC_7033.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	3.91 MB 
ID:	34039
    Under the optic table we placed the PSU for the scanners, laser modules and DMX boards.

And here the result:

Name:	DSC_7183.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	4.49 MB 
ID:	34040

Name:	DSC_7185.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	4.60 MB 
ID:	34041

Name:	DSC_7206.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	3.19 MB 
ID:	34042

Name:	DSC_7216.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	4.01 MB 
ID:	34043

Name:	DSC_7222.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	3.77 MB 
ID:	34044

Name:	DSC_7228.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	4.52 MB 
ID:	34047

Name:	DSC_7231.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	4.25 MB 
ID:	34045

Name:	DSC_7241.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	4.29 MB 
ID:	34046

Still have to do some adjustments in the software but I'm very happy with the result

Well if you have any questions or comments, be my guest an let me know!

Cheers,

Richard

Nice!!! Looks fantastic. If your in the neigborhood or i,m close to you it would be great to see this baby at work. Damn shame i didn,t had that dichro but the result looks good.
    To make it perfect the a little bit more green would be the best but who cares at this point in time. The second picture is nice and you hardly can,t see that there is not enough green in it.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!