Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need a Sanity Check - QS or Beyond

Default Need a Sanity Check - QS or Beyond

Hi,

Can someone (or several of you - the more the merrier is better still for this purpose) please project Cue 03 from the Sheets section of the standard QS workspace:

........and please post a photo taken from BEHIND the laser like this:

Make sure all your Invert Switches / options etc are "OFF".

I'm particularly interested to see how your picture differs from mine if at all.

Thanks.

No-one got a projector they can just turn on for 5 mins and photograph as above pc vs output?

I've got my QM hooked up to Beyond at the moment. Next time I get the FB3 out and fire up QS i'll let you know. Basically i'm feeling a tad lazy and can't be arsed to go down to the shed and unpack the FB3... Sorry
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Qm and Beyond will be fine Jem if you feel inclined to take a pic.

I just need to see how the cue displays in relation to the screen when shot from behind the laser looking forwards as in my shot. No smoke needed.

Please ensure no inverts are on.

What exactly are you trying to prove/disprove Al?
    Some projectors will be set up for viewing from the front, some for projected graphics, so you may well get different answers, both of which will be equally correct.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I had a problem with reversed axis's on the laser, although easily corrected via jumpers, and I'm also wanting to separately establish a norm for the software. By my reckoning the picture above is wrong but I'm not sure if this is how pc vs laser usually appears from Pangolin as atm I don't have the laser in an axis'ed state I can verify as a norm to work from. Therefore seeing what people normally get on their lasers vs pc display enables me to establish that norm. Hence the choice of an asymmetrical cue. I also possibly have a slight issue with the way the software projects by default. Does that make sense?

Ahh i see what your getting at now.
    The virtical line should be on the right hand side
    I will fire up my projector up as soon as i get home from work
    And let you know what i see
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Out of interest Chris are your graphics then mirrored also?

Any screen vs laser pics would help.

Not the best photo but...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Test for White Light.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	34079

This is not mirrored i.e. front projection. Test patterns and text appear when viewed on the projected surface as expected/readable way round.

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Not the best photo but...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Test for White Light.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	34079

This is not mirrored i.e. front projection. Test patterns and text appear when viewed on the projected surface as expected/readable way round.
    Now that is interesting. The same way as mine but the wrong way around.

Norty is correct in that the green line should be on the right hand side not the left because left is right when viewed from the front and the preview window shows you the front view.

Simple explanation here in a drawing I did:

I had a feeling this was wrong in the software but unless everyone else also has that result I can't confirm that or that I've got my own axis re-adjusted correctly on the laser.

By my reckoning Beams should be mirrored and graphics should be un-mirrored on output - as most people display beams onto a surface not a scrim. Obviously for scrim you need to invert X.

It would be interesting to confirm it is software (and also to confirm my own sanity on scanner wiring - in my case Y was also inverted which made it an easy spot). If it is software it may have always been this way for years and no-one noticed however, it's not strictly correct.

Thanks for that Tag and if anyone can post their results to confirm the position further, it would be helpful.