Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Winni @ goldenstarlaser.com

Quote Originally Posted by tsteele93 View Post
    Second, when I go through the colors, I get White (with a bluish tinge, I suppose due to the 800mW 447nm blue laser) then when I click on orange, I get red. Then yellow, green, light blue, dark blue, violet/pink, and red. There is no actual orange,

You need to tune your colors a bit....its easy...just check out this video. Start at 21:38

Start at 21:38
    10W RGB
    2x 5W RGB
    2x 3W RGB
    2x 1W Green
    ---------------------------------
    QM.NET, 2x FB3, LivePro, Beyond, APC40,

kgblasers.com

That is very cool, I did not know I could do that! Thanks for the info! I am loving this thing! I do want to let anyone who is reading over this and following along with me that I am very happy with this projector. I know that sometimes people focus on the minor imperfections and think that the "reviewer" is unhappy with something. I just want to share my experience with anyone who is looking for a projector for the first time in the hopes that by offering as much information as possible that it will help them decide.

I am very happy with Winni. Her communication has been excellent and once they got the DT30's in stock it did not take long at all to build it and get it here.

I am obviously very new to the hobby so I may misunderstand some things and overlook some things, and I don't know what is normal or "as good as it gets" with things like noise and alignment.

But the DT30 scanners are pretty quiet and seem to be able to do most anything I throw at it. The only time I see it struggle with anything is when I scan in some logos, and I suspect that is something I am doing wrong with the scan in...

Overall, I really like the laser projector. I will try to add more info and anything you have questions about please ask.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Glad things are going well for you so far and, I don't think you will ever regret your decision to go this route over the REKE. They're nice projectors for what they are but, are severly limited as you progress in the hobby. My only caution has to do with your (first)video and the fact that you have a little one running around. THEY don't fully comprehend that this pretty light can do some serious damage if they catch it at eye level. And you appear to be projecting at a level that would catch him full on in the face which could end up badly. Just use some caution when running your new system. Put the projector up on a tall shelf at least.

Brad, you are correct of course. It is a very temporary setup for just getting things going. However, you would HONESTLY be amazed at my kids. My son and daughter have been around laser pointers for a while now and I think that I have TERRIFIED them of lasers. I lock the door if I am using it with them not in the room, and of course if they are in the room they have to be behind the laser with me. But you are correct, a simple fall or stumble or exuberant move could be bad. I will change things up immediately.

It is funny because I am very aware of safety, we all have goggles for the high power pointers I have and my daughter is a four year-old goggle-nazi! But the projector was so new and neat and cool that I just fired it up and told everyone to stay behind it.

That does sound cavalier and I don't mean it to - I promise, I have been very cautious - but I will move to the responsible side of cautious and get the projector up high on a tripod for now. I have some good gear for photography that should hold the projector safely above eye-level.

Thanks for the sage reminder!

Quote Originally Posted by KGB View Post
    You need to tune your colors a bit....its easy...just check out this video. Start at 21:38

Start at 21:38
    Ok, I just watched that and I intend to sit down and watch the whole thing through - twice! But I do have a question: I assume my projector is TTL and not analog. So will I be able to do the same thing with the TTL laser? It isn't clear to me from that video since he does everything in Log Analog.

Also, I am curious as to whether it makes any difference if I set it to TTL, or either of the analog settings. I don't immediately notice any difference. I didn't expect it to work with it set to analog since I think that I have a TTL unit. (I should know that, and I assume that I DO have TTL but just making sure that I am right.)

Thank you for the info and any more you can provide! If this was another laser forum I frequent I would be giving you all +1's

100% sure your Analog with those lasers.

Ok, that's good then - right? I just assumed that analog would be way more expensive than what I have got. Also, my lasers don't seem to dim when I adjust the sliders. They just sit there and then go dark when I get down to around ~%25.

I'll check with Winni and look at the page for the Goldenstarlaser.com H-RGB1200-DT30. Be back in a sec...

Ok, I'm a total noob on projectors...

http://www.goldenstarlaser.com/hrgb1200-p-351.html

I have no idea. Nothing on there screams analog or TTL to me.

Ok, that's good then - right? I just assumed that analog would be way more expensive than what I have got. Also, my lasers don't seem to dim when I adjust the sliders. They just sit there and then go dark when I get down to around ~%25.

I'll check with Winni and look at the page for the Goldenstarlaser.com H-RGB1200-DT30. Be back in a sec...

Ok, I'm a total noob on projectors...

http://www.goldenstarlaser.com/hrgb1200-p-351.html

I have no idea. Nothing on there screams analog or TTL to me.
    Per the description, it should be analog (ANG)

Test it with the live controls to the right side of the cue grid ~
    Activate a cue, and you should be able to dim it gradually using the "brightness" slider under the "color" tab.
    If it doesn't dim gradually - i.e., only full on, or or full off - you have TTL...
    OR...you may have inadvertently selected "TTL" under the "Color settings" tab of "projector settings", so make sure you have ANALOG selected!!

ALSO -
    Based on the appearance of the test frames in your photos, I wouldn't be in too much of a hury to mess around with alignment, tuning, etc., etc. -
    It actually looks pretty good!

QuickShow is setup with several "defaults" that are intended to protect novice users (and their expensive projectors) from themselves, so be careful making software adjustments such as increasing image size... it IS possible to permanently damage scanners by driving them too hard, and the QUICKEST way to do that is to set too large of an image size for the type of graphic being shown (been there, done that!! )

Have fun, learn the software - and when you're ready to dig into the optics and scanners adjustment, reach out to some of the other members in your area that have been in the biz / hobby for a while. Even if you have to spend several hours on the road some future weekend to get some one-on-one turoring, it will be worth every penny in the long run!!

Last edited by Stuka; 08-22-2012 at 14:56.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

They just sit there and then go dark when I get down to around ~%25.
    Sounds like TTL to me. You would therefore only be able to get 7 different colors (in addition to black):

Red
    Yellow
    Green
    Cyan
    Blue
    Magenta
    White

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Sounds like TTL to me. You would therefore only be able to get 7 different colors (in addition to black):

Red
    Yellow
    Green
    Cyan
    Blue
    Magenta
    White
    That is what I get.. No orange. I just get red where orange is on the QS software. EDIT, this may be QS set to TTL.

Now the question is, was I supposed to get analog? I probably jumped a little quickly when buying but I needed it quickly. I really like it but if I had it to do over again I would do the adjustable dichro mounts and price analog as well. I initially thought analog was way more expensive, but I'm starting to think that it isn't much more.

Oh well, back to playing with my very cool toy - even if I would do a few small things differently were I to do it over again.

One thing I did right was the DT30's. Not to say DT40's wouldn't have been better, but they also cost a good bit more. I think the DT30's were a good choice.

I also think going with the H-series with the 637nm red and bumping up to the 1200 was a good move as you really can't go wrong with as much good quality red as you can afford right now.

This is a really nice projector, and hopefully anyone considering one can maybe learn from me and maybe put together a near perfect beast for the situation.

If I could have mine, in analog EDIT: According to Winni, this IS analog - I'm thinking that QS was set to TTL. Gonna try it in analog and see. and with adjustable mounts I would probably be very close to ideal for my situation.

But like I said, even with a few small details that I might change, it is a very cool projector and I'm having a blast playing with it and learning it.

Who knows, if I find myself really needing more in the future I can always sell this one for a large percentage of what I paid and order one based on what I have learned from this one. But for right now, it really rocks out my bedroom!
    Last edited by tsteele93; 08-22-2012 at 18:44.