Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Winni @ goldenstarlaser.com

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

it would not be difficult or expensive to retrofit 2 or 3 axis adjustable mounts for your dichros.

Quote Originally Posted by tsteele93 View Post
    That is what I get.. No orange. I just get red where orange is on the QS software.

Now the question is, was I supposed to get analog? I probably jumped a little quickly when buying but I needed it quickly. I really like it but if I had it to do over again I would do the adjustable dichro mounts and price analog as well. I initially thought analog was way more expensive, but I'm starting to think that it isn't much more.

Oh well, back to playing with my very cool toy - even if I would do a few small things differently were I to do it over again.

One thing I did right was the DT30's. Not to say DT40's wouldn't have been better, but they also cost a good bit more. I think the DT30's were a good choice.

I also think going with the H-series with the 637nm red and bumping up to the 1200 was a good move as you really can't go wrong with as much good quality red as you can afford right now.

This is a really nice projector, and hopefully anyone considering one can maybe learn from me and maybe put together a near perfect beast for the situation.

If I could have mine, in analog and with adjustable mounts I would probably be very close to ideal for my situation.

But like I said, even with a few details that I might change, it is a very cool projector and I'm having a blast playing with it and learning it.

Who knows, if I find myself really needing more in the future I can always sell this one for a large percentage of what I paid and order one based on what I have learned from this one. But for right now, it really rocks out my bedroom!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Now the question is, was I supposed to get analog? I probably jumped a little quickly when buying but I needed it quickly. I really like it but if I had it to do over again I would do the adjustable dichro mounts and price analog as well. I initially thought analog was way more expensive, but I'm starting to think that it isn't much more....
    See my previous post...
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...329#post240329

Probably worth checking in to ~ the description says analog (ANG)
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

There's some kind of auto-show system in there. I believe these are typically TTL. I'm not sure whether this affects the passthrough of analogue ILDA signals.

If you're comfortable with hardware hacking, you could bypass the board and run a 0v - 5v sweep on each colour channel (laser driver) to see if you get an analogue response. I've also heard of analogue drivers that can be switched into a TTL mode.

In what I've seen here and elsewhere, the Chinese have yet to embrace analogue. Even when there is no real cost difference, they seem to enable or sell TTL as the default.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Per the description, it should be analog (ANG)

Test it with the live controls to the right side of the cue grid ~
    Activate a cue, and you should be able to dim it gradually using the "brightness" slider under the "color" tab.
    If it doesn't dim gradually - i.e., only full on, or or full off - you have TTL...
    OR...you may have inadvertently selected "TTL" under the "Color settings" tab of "projector settings", so make sure you have ANALOG selected!!
    I have played with the setting and it runs on any of the three. I will make sure I choose analog. I wasn't sure if ANG meant analog. I can see that makes sense, but I am new so I don't take anything for granted. It would be rather disappointing if it were being sold as analog but was TTL.

Maybe Winni can chime in here as well.

I've got to get the kids to bed right now, so I'll have to check tomorrow. Any idea if I should use logarithmic analog or just regular?

ALSO -
    Based on the appearance of the test frames in your photos, I wouldn't be in too much of a hury to mess around with alignment, tuning, etc., etc. -
    It actually looks pretty good!
    Actually, I think you are probably right. I do want to take some good photos to show it better with my dslr. But I don't really know what to expect and what is normal and what is bad. I used to have a rear projection tv that had a beam adjustment grid and you could adjust the red and blue beams up and down to line everything up. When it was off, you would see red or blue bleeding off to one side until you adjusted it. My projector is like that, it as some color on each side of white lines - but I don't have a good idea what is good and what is bad for a projector...

QuickShow is setup with several "defaults" that are intended to protect novice users (and their expensive projectors) from themselves, so be careful making software adjustments such as increasing image size... it IS possible to permanently damage scanners by driving them too hard, and the QUICKEST way to do that is to set too large of an image size for the type of graphic being shown (been there, done that!! )
    I immediately wondered what was wrong when QS shrunk my output by half. I found the setting of zone one at 50%. I changed it to 75%, I hope that was ok... I will say that when the laser starts with no ILDA hooked up, it goes into an auto play of the SD card that seems to be at 100% which seems very big! I'm not sure when I would need DT40wides, these things look wide to me!

I am hoping 75% is safe and you are saying stay away from >100%?

Have fun, learn the software - and when you're ready to dig into the optics and scanners adjustment, reach out to some of the other members in your area that have been in the biz / hobby for a while. Even if you have to spend several hours on the road some future weekend to get some one-on-one turoring, it will be worth every penny in the long run!!

Thanks, these things are wicked cool geek toys and I am loving playing with it so far. Heck, I'd start doing shows this weekend if it weren't for the pesky FDA thing!

Ok, that's good then - right? I just assumed that analog would be way more expensive than what I have got. Also, my lasers don't seem to dim when I adjust the sliders. They just sit there and then go dark when I get down to around ~%25.

I'll check with Winni and look at the page for the Goldenstarlaser.com H-RGB1200-DT30. Be back in a sec...

Ok, I'm a total noob on projectors...

http://www.goldenstarlaser.com/hrgb1200-p-351.html

I have no idea. Nothing on there screams analog or TTL to me.

It is ANG modulation for this H-RGB1200 projector .

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstarwinni View Post
    ANG? Is that a Chinese abbreviation for analogue? It is not a standard English abbreviation.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstarwinni View Post
    Thank you Winni! I will check QS and see if it is set to TTL... Maybe the software is just set for that... This projector is getting better the more I learn about it!

I will set up a good video camera and load a show from the PL archives and upload it very soon so everyone can see exactly what it is capable of doing.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Brad, you are correct of course. It is a very temporary setup for just getting things going. However, you would HONESTLY be amazed at my kids. My son and daughter have been around laser pointers for a while now and I think that I have TERRIFIED them of lasers. I lock the door if I am using it with them not in the room, and of course if they are in the room they have to be behind the laser with me. But you are correct, a simple fall or stumble or exuberant move could be bad. I will change things up immediately.

It is funny because I am very aware of safety, we all have goggles for the high power pointers I have and my daughter is a four year-old goggle-nazi! But the projector was so new and neat and cool that I just fired it up and told everyone to stay behind it.

That does sound cavalier and I don't mean it to - I promise, I have been very cautious - but I will move to the responsible side of cautious and get the projector up high on a tripod for now. I have some good gear for photography that should hold the projector safely above eye-level.

Thanks for the sage reminder!
    No worries! I just sat through the laser safety course at SELEM a couple days so, I'm a little more hypersensitive and it happened to catch my attention. Would hate to hear of an unintended mishap! And, Stuka is right, someday down the road, you might want to throw another $100-$120 at the projector to fit some better adjustable dichro mounts but, it looks pretty good for the time being. And you are in pretty close proximity to some really helpful people on here.

Just an update, member ARG is seeing some problems with his green modules from goldenstarlaser.com

Blanking problems with green module failing on Goldenstarlaser.com projector

I will add this to the OP and let everyone know how this turns out. I am also keeping a close eye on my projector to see if my green module is ok. I thought that I had seen some blanking problems, but I have not duplicated them at this point, so I may have had a bad quick trace instead of a problem with the green laser. I'm withholding judgement at this point and I will watch mine carefully.
    Last edited by tsteele93; 08-26-2012 at 14:18.

Default GoldenStar Laser in Frankfurt

Hi everyone !
    We are in Frankfurt, booth NO is: F71D , in Hall No.9.1, we are with laser wave, wish we can meet !
    Golden Star Stage Lighting CO.,Ltd