Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: My first projector...

I got my green back from Lasever. Thanks David, mailed my replacement on the 21st, at my door on the 24th. Looks like it didn't get hung up at customs this time, if it even stopped by there.

Here's a nice color shot... I'm not sure if it does the oreange justise there.

Here's one of the ILDA test pattern. It is at an ungodly angle but only 20k.

Here it is at 25k and 8 to 10 degrees...

Here's my color wheel, it is what I used to fine tune the colors... Much better orange.

Here is the test color wheel.

Shittes and grins... and cause I can now...

If anyone overclocks computers you may know what this is...

Last edited by allthatwhichis; 05-26-2007 at 18:50.

HeHe! Looks good Allthat! Your alignments look great, do you have everything on an optical plate now?

David

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

those images are absolutely fabulous. great job.

I'll tell you what though, you guys take for granted your color and modulation
    capibilities. during the age of ion, if you had the bread to come up with
    whitelight ( hene, krypton argon pair, mixed gas etc,) you were still trying to scrape up 3 grand for the pcaom. Its moot for me now- but i cant believe
    you guys get this right out of the box-

we are bought and paid for by china i guess. they should be here soon
    to collect my flag..
    go big or go home

Talking

Thanks guys!

Yea, I have the lasers on a small 5x9 inch breadboard and the optics, and scanners on a 6x9 board that is right under the 5x9. The 5x9 is suspended above the lower one. They both came together. The seller gave me a buy it now for $45. I then put it all in a old Gateway 333 computer case. It is still ghetto, but not as bad. Ghettofabulous mark II...

Everything but the breadboard is almost halfassed in there but everything is attached and secure, semi ventilated, and almost portable. I got an itch to have it all in something. I bought that box of jsalopeck which should be here next week; I'll get everything a permanent spot in there. All I have to do with the laser heads, optics, and scanners is to move little board they are on.

That was a bad shot, but it was the best I could get of the lasers and board while in the case.

Looks like a jungle in there huh?

I think my mirrors are scratched or really dirty. You can see in the ILDA test paterns a green haze almost. Here is a white dot where you can see it also...

I was unaware Q Tips and windex were a bad idea...

And Paul... I bet that gas and pcaom looked better by an order of magnitude compared to most of our set ups. If I had the money... although I bet these travel easier. And this came out of a lot of boxes, many from china yes... Where was that flag you speak of made.

Wow, Great job. Looks very nice. I see you did not use the plate you got from me. If you are not going to use it you can return it and I will refund your money.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Lightbulb

Thanks Fred! I used it at first, but I don't see implimenting that beast into a portable projector. I think the 30lb estimate is a little conservative, or I am just a wimp. That bitch is heavy... I was thinking of trying to get a local metalworker to cut it up a little. I'd like to cut it in half, thickness wise, from the 3/4inch it is to maybe a 1/2 inch sheet and a 1/4 inch sheet. And then maybe into fourths or thirds lenth wise, but will probably never happen. If you have a specific need for it, I think we'll have to have another meet and swap. I doubt the post man wants to see this beast... I have used it almost daily since the Pink Floyd show though...

Hey Allthat, just curious, have you had a chance to check out Sky Craft in Maitland? They usually have all kinds of parts that I've found helpful in building projectors. I've picked up beam tables, CO2 lasers, Spectra Physics 124's, galvo's, mirror mounts and etc. in there from time to time.

David

Lightbulb

No I haven't, but have really been meaning to stop by there. I work two exits off I4 from there, but since I work nights... two ships in the dark. It is funny, when I went to Full Sail, I drove by there twice a day. Always wondered about the ship stuck to the side of teh building...

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post

No I haven't, but have really been meaning to stop by there. I work two exits off I4 from there, but since I work nights... two ships in the dark. It is funny, when I went to Full Sail, I drove by there twice a day. Always wondered about the ship stuck to the side of teh building...

Now and then you can find some really good deals. When I lived in Orlando I tried to stop by there at least once every two weeks. Never know what you will find. I picked up the SP124 for about $50. It didn't have a supply, but I found a 255 exciter to go with it for pretty cheap. They have just about everything else though, you can walk out of that place with a small sack of parts and have dropped anywhere from 2 bucks to a grand.

David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sep02$04.jpg