Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: My first projector...

What galvos are you using at present dave?

Jim

I just can't compete! ops: :lol: i've nearly bankrupted myself on my current setup. Maybe if this does well, I can catch up in a few years... I'm only 21 after all.

We dont compete in here
    We all have diffrent stuff, and there is always somebody that have more than others..

Everybody in here have theyr own stuff, and a Laser is a Laser whatever colour it is and output

I dont think anybody in here "suddenly" had a home-made RGB in theyr hands..
    Everybody start at the beginning

It`s not the size and colours that matters.. but how much you manage to do with the stuff you got I think..... :roll:

lol I know, if anything, you've all inspired me to keep at it. Not like I needed any more inspiration, considering I'm studying for finals right now and all I can do is think about the hardware I have waiting for me when I get home!

What galvos are you using at present dave?
    It currently has the original dt-40's. I've already ordered the DT-40 pro's and hope to put those in thier place next week maybe. I'm not too concerned with performace gain as I think these DT-40's already work very well. I just mainly like the fact that the newer DT-40 pro's have differential inputs already built into the driver.

I just can't compete! i've nearly bankrupted myself on my current setup. Maybe if this does well, I can catch up in a few years... I'm only 21 after all.
    We all have to start somewhere. My first projector used a 3mW HeNe and G-124's with flag blanking. My DAC then was PCLite, 8bit x/y with ttl for color. I thought it rocked and had a great time with it, but over time you just slowly build up. I learned from every projector I built how I could make it better.

It`s not the size and colours that matters.. but how much you manage to do with the stuff you got I think.....
    I would agree somewhat. I didn't do very much at all with my previous projectors. Did a couple rave's and several halloween shows in my garage and that was about it. But the best part was what I learned from building the projectors. If I don't ever make a dime off this new projector, then I had a great time putting it together and will be satisfied with that...

lol I know, if anything, you've all inspired me to keep at it. Not like I needed any more inspiration, considering I'm studying for finals right now and all I can do is think about the hardware I have waiting for me when I get home!
    Ouch! Good luck with the finals!

David

Quote Originally Posted by DZurcher

I figure if your gonna do a PF DS logo, might as well do it right!
    Assmunch!!! :P

Nah, this would be showing off:

HeHe!
    Make that a double... :roll:

And I DID make it in RGB... I just don't have the two other lasers... yet. The reds on the way, and I am waiting on "someone" to fix a small green for me! :twisted: I'm still only playing with popelscan but some of the mtms that the creator has put together are pretty awesome. There's a christmas one, or winter holiday is probably a better term, that is REALLY nice. It's in RGB and beyond my Dark Side cover will be the first thing I watch when I get my projector all colored up.

Thanks David for the inspiration and the dose of added impatients... :P

Boomdog, a 1 watt green is going to blow whatever I get up out of the water. I assume in a smaller room you may need a lower OD set of goggles just to watch yours. I guess that's why you want a varience so you can take that beast out side. Mine'll only be 300mW max, but my goal was RGB, ttl at first but I want "FULL COLOR"... :twisted: I'm only planning on using this in a small room though.

Abstract video if anyone interested...

https://home.comcast.net/~djzurcher/abs.MPG

Very cool, beautiful.

Abstract video if anyone interested...

https://home.comcast.net/~djzurcher/abs.MPG
    Awwww, you're killin me man... but thats purdy!!!

Oh man....

I always knew that Pangolin had a cool abstract generator, but I never knew HOW cool it was. Damn Dave - that was just too cool!

Adam