Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: My first projector...

Hi Allthat:

Pangolin must have stolen that feature...
    Ha ha!! Very funny. Really, I am laughing!! After all of the things we originated, and then showed up later on other people's software... your joke makes me laugh.

Certain things sort of invent themsleves, such as this "tracing over a bitmap" idea. We have had this feature since our original sofware in 1986, but it is a rather obvious thing to have, so I don't consider it a "stolen" feature by anyone. Other things are much more complex and non-obvious (at least, non-obvious until you have seen them), such as Raster Frames, Enhanced Reality Preview and many others which we originated. It is amazing how we sort of do the development work for other companies in many cases...

I have spoken to engineers at High End Systems who feel the same way -- that they do the development work for companies like Martin, and of course all of the Chinese lighting vendors.

Best regards,

William Benner

Damn Bill, why are you awake? Don't you have a day job? :lol:

I should form an act huh? :?

Does anyone know if you hit a digital camera or DV camera with a laser, can it mess up the camera? I got a couple of dead spots on both my DV and digi cameras that are REAL recent... :? Did I do dat? ops:

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis
    Does anyone know if you hit a digital camera or DV camera with a laser, can it mess up the camera? I got a couple of dead spots on both my DV and digi cameras that are REAL recent... :? Did I do dat? ops:
    Yes of course, lasers can burn some pixels on the sensors of digital camera!
    My camera too has dead pixels since I play with lasers, and I think I'm not alone
    This is more annoying on my DV if I do a big zoom, dead pixels are very visible...

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis
    I saw that in pictures from a fellow laserist who said it resulted from beam exposure. He had it pretty bad, a whole track of dead pixels. Not sure how easily the damage occurs but I won't risk it.
    Still better than dead pixels in the eye though :!:

LOL, As far as i remember, Bill only Works at Night! ..If you ever need to talk to him on the phone, 3am has always been an excellent time to get him!!! Anything changed in receint yrs Bill??? LOL

P.S. - Any more thoughts on DPSS production from Pangolin?
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

I made my first beamshow video with the same techno song that I used before with the bastardized Laser FX. Here's the link. It's a 60meg video, if soemone wants a smaller copy PM me and I'll kick out a lower quality one and upload it.

Enjoy!

Another video link... This one is of one of the mtm files that Christoph made, I just videoed the beamshow. It's much better than the song I synched... :lol:

Yay! I got a meter, probably a POS but I got it for $66 after shipping... Check it! Now I can leave extremelasers feedback. 8)

And no comments or suggestions about my movies... :cry:

You know it only goes up to 20mw, right?

I thought it did multiples of 20mW... :? ops: Or it was like a multimeter and... not sure if my vocabulary is complete enough... Um, basically I thought the .2, 2, and 20mW settings were to show where the decimal point would go... :? I have been wrong before though. I hope I'm not... ops: :lol:

Yep, I'm wrong... Up to 20mW... bah! I was focused on if it would do all wavelengths... It's that damn impatients disease I have... :roll:

:idea:
    It has a percentage reading... maybe I'll get lucky and 50mW will read 250% of 20mW... :lol: :roll: