Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: My first projector...

Well, I got an hour before I can leave work and decided to post a few pic of my ghetto set up...

Here's a flashed shot of the "lower set up", lasers, DAC, galvos...

Here;s the whole set up, see the blue power supply, and the scanner driver boards in the upper right...

Here they are close up. The other power supplies for the DAC and scanners are here too.

Red and Green with their high tech cd case mounts and post it note shims...

I seem to lose a lil red from this optic...

Da Blue... Yes, that's poster puddy securing the galvos to the desk. :roll:

The DAC.

The Edmund Optic loses less in transmission but still loses a fair amount of green.

I actually take the lost green and a lil lost red and blue from the same optic and reflect it off a big telescope mirror I have up above the blue's, DAC's, and scanner's power supplys and over to my old butchered Laser FX and do a lil open loop... probably 15mW total show on the ceiling...

All this gives me my 280mWish white beam... Give me some opinions on the balance... :? To me it's got a lil more red than needed...

Now for my only problem, besides I'm impatient... :roll: I got a 30mW from aixiz and the blanking seems to be off. After 3 emails I finally got a reply for an RMA but I'm kinda wondering if it is the power supply or head. I'm gonna try to get them to just send me a new power supply. It's weird, the PS that cruch took out of his projector is the same exact one for this green...

I took some shots of a few scans on the wall that show the green's... problem if anyone can shed some, light, on this for me.

Green verticle line, see the top faded...

Yellow line, with red on top... cause the green blanked... wrong.

White, with a magenta top...

Cyan, blue top...

here are all 4 of those but diagonal. Blanks wrong on the bottom.

Here's a comparison of RGB together...

And I'm out of pics... Suggestions, comments... Peanut gallary?

Is your green analog? It looks like it's just a bit slow... Try the test pattern with the 3 rows of ovals and take a pic.

Allthat, in your first two photos above, it looks almost like you have the primary of about a 6" telescope in the backround, no?

I seem to lose a lil red from this optic...
    Not much you can do about that, in a "perfect" world, the dichro would pass 100% red and reflect 100% of whatever else.

Looking at your green line, it does look like the response of the green is a bit slow, however it is imposible to determine how bad it is by looking at this photo, it would be best to display the ILDA test pattern at 30Kpps with just the green and take a look at that. If your scanning that single line at a rate much faster than 30K or with too few "anchor" points then that may be the reason it looks so bad. Redraw the line, put about 5 points at either end with about a dozen or more in between and see how it looks. In the software that you use, do you have the ability to set the output at 30K? Even if you are I wonder how accurate that would be...

David

I'd say it's closer to a 4 inch but I'm not sure. The top mirror for the laser FX is the secondary mirror from the same scope. I got it used for $50 but could never focus it in so I took it apart for it's mirrors when I got into this addiction... :roll:

I can't do a test pattern yet, only got popelscan and can't find a "test" pattern mot file. Could someone post a picture of good resolution and I could try to trace it. popekscan won't scan anywhere near 30K from what I see. 12 to 15k seem to be the ceiling. When the guy that sells alphlite, Rick, gets back from vacation I plan to get the alphalite going and will be able to do the ilda test.

Charles from Aixiz emailed me and is going to send me a whold new unit tommorrow... We'll see how that one works... Kinda funny, I just emailed him today and asked it he;d send me a power supply and he replied asking for my address to send a whole unit out. :? Sounds good to me, but would a "slow" green be the power supply or the head? O the green is just TTL...

I also did another video. @ actually, I mixed them together to get a beam and graphic show together. I took the videos about a day apart and "mixed" them with MS Movie Maker...

I kinda got on a tangent trying to emulate the tunnel pics andy_con did with his r/g crab. Not sure if I got close, but my results are interesting…

Awesome

Jim

Wow, great video allthat!

David

Congatulations on your 100th post David :P

Jim

Congatulations on your 100th post David
    Thanks Jimbo! Wow, has it been 100 posts already? I spend way too much time on this darn computer... :roll:

David

When you have a cool community forum like PhotonLexicon, it's easy to spend too much time on the computer...

I haven't had this much fun since my early IRC days with my Amiga. (And *that* is saying something...)

Adam

I did a lil video editing over my day off yesterday and got the first two videos mixed in with their cooresponding graphic shows...

Here's the holidayish one... and the other one is still processing. MAybe it'll be ready after I get my sub from Quiznos...

Too much time online... :? What's that mean?