Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: DrLava stop copying my content!!

Don't forget, one of the other greatest groups of all time...

If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

if his crotch itches so much that he has to keep scratching it during his show, he should probably see a doctor and get it checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    This kind of shit im talkin about here. Pavement monkeys (white and black) like this...no talent SOB's...dirt bags...Jay-z...you included...

I saw a guitar on stage, but my guess it wasnt plugged in. Raw talent right here.

OBTW...DR Lava...STOP STEALING EVERYBODYS SHIT!!!

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

And of course, my all time favorite.... Rock, electronic and lazors all rolled into one!

If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Anyone remember this one?

This space for rent.

at least 13 characters
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    and now for something completely different....

An inconceivably large number of characters equal to the number of photons active within a resonant cavity.

now that is some funny stuff right there...

Looks like a ILDA convention...
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by kitatit View Post
    snip
    Kind of like saying, if a "laser show isn't made with and analogue controller and an ion laser its crap"
    snip
    Ions are cool, and analog signal generators are fun, but the most significant thing that made those shows special - that's hardly ever found today - is they were performed live. When you sit in a studio and create a show you're doing it for yourself. When you're in front of a audience you can learn how to do it for the audience...

Quote Originally Posted by blowfly View Post
    Steve I'm not sure PJ is wasting his time. It's true that the ponies will fall out of fashion at some point but PJ is building real skills and experience that most young people will never get. The energy to do that is coming out of passion for something related to pop culture... so what. I spent my late teens years writing massive amounts of code for these silly text-only multiplayer internet games called muds. Now I'm sitting my basement yelling at you guys. Look what it did for me!

Mike
    Mike is right.
    There is a lot more going on in the background.
    I'm building up a whole team where I can rely on.
    Everybody able to support and help me create content a normal laser company would barely be able to create, if they would they would have to dish out a lot of $$$$.

My youtube acts as a log for my works and improvement in quality and technique's.
    It also acts as a medium to compare what quality my custom work is.

I'm currently actually getting recommended for Cal-Arts ( http://calarts.edu/ ) by the tv crew that hosts a lot of documentairy shows and does a lot of production.
    I have people which can push me in certain events and introduce me to certain events.
    I even got offered a place to stay where I can move in!

I got the honour to talk with graduates from Cal-Arts like Lauren faust and explain the mechanics behind my animations in person.

The younger generation will eventually be the adult generation which will have to money and often are more willing to spend it too.
    If you look how much money is being spend on MLP you will be amazed and an audience is an audience, they are able to fund and support it so why not.

Regarding the show itself, its actually nice to see a show which utilises flash in excellence again instead of all those 3D shows or shows with an overuse of cell shading.
    The rigs are very complex with loads of parts an animator can see this.
    DHX media, the company that produces is right now the world largest independant library of childrens entertainment content.

And I'm getting their attention.
    I'm friends with the main storyboard writer of edd edd n' eddy

I wass offered to have Tara Strong do voicing on one of my future animations (and I will):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Strong

On top of that I get a nice amount of recognition that means a lot to a content creator really.
    I even recieved actuall fanmail from the US.
    (While these just look like cards, they are a series of a limited production and they retail for about 40$ each)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	210894_440322479353641_1175279468_o.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	814.3 KB 
ID:	34650

Also a brony should not be compared with a furry.
    Last edited by masterpj; 08-31-2012 at 12:03. Reason: one more thing + typed steve instead of mike + more about cal-arts

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    Ions are cool, and analog signal generators are fun, but the most significant thing that made those shows special - that's hardly ever found today - is they were performed live. When you sit in a studio and create a show you're doing it for yourself. When you're in front of a audience you can learn how to do it for the audience...
    there is really something to be said about this, its the difference between playing a pre-recorded mix (or in this case show) and having a live proper DJ (or LJ? in this case) the ability to feel out the crowd and see what it is they want, to be able to "perform" with the lasers in real time is really quite fun and satisfying... and the audience reactions in real time (or slightly delayed depending on how high they are lol) are awesome!