Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: DrLava stop copying my content!!

I am so confused right now, all sorts of fail in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    I am so confused right now, all sorts of fail in this thread
    Calling PJ out on P*nies is the ultimate bunker busting thread hijack.

ponies go live lol
    Contains abstracts for the first time in one of my shows too

The audience here was about 500 people because the venue location didn't support more then that amount of people for this event.
    My biggest audience so far is ~6000 people
    Next year this is going to be 22 000 people

50,000,000 Brony Fans Can't Be Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    50,000,000 Brony Fans Can't Be Wrong
    Currently its kinda big.
    In russia its about 700k fans
    In the US its claimed to be the biggest amount but unknown to how much, I do know that hot topic and stores like that even sell shirts that are pony.

In my country I have no clue really but have seen more then 130
    I have a contact in each country across the clobe at least right now.
    A security departement in the UK if I need it and organisers for events If I want one.

We recently finished recordings for a global sold documentairy:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	549512_10100261255245911_348238932_n.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	34408

Name:	264890_10100257646667531_785309660_n.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	34409

Name:	256208_437085616343994_1194058242_o.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	218.5 KB 
ID:	34410

I think that lasershows don't always have to be so macho with very mainstream music but also open to some new markets.
    it's not easy to travel and do a lasershow as your limited by both law and sometimes its just not possible because of that on a fairly short term.
    Most of the time I learned convincing a convention is possible if you do it carefully.
    Getting the haze to spread and them to turn lights of is a different story, it depends really on how the building itself is made.

But in the end it all comes down to 1 points.
    - is the show safe? can I run it ? Yes: Show will go on No: No show

These points are crucial since you should always assume venue's are slow or very limited on what information they can or will provide you.
    So some of these things need to happen one day in advance, can give some stress but sitting down and just thinking it all out always proves itself well in the end.

I have my own shoes which were sold for 4000 euro's (for charity)
    Its pretty cool to see things like militairy involved too, ponies in the army.
    I have my own shirts which is pretty cool and people are interested in getting into the bussiness because they never thought laser projectors could do this much!
    So I think in a longer term I'm also doing laserists a favour by promoting the medium right?
    Last edited by masterpj; 08-24-2012 at 05:34. Reason: All the info

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Awsome, check the guys up the front!! Are they on pills ??! (18:05)

(I still prefer Drum and Bass)

Well done Pieter, nice animations and a long show. If you enjoy the work and all that comes with it that's all that matters. ’Good on you' that's what I say . You're obviously an extremely talented individual, and I'm sure you'll have a bright future with you're art and animation skills.

I'm not sure i'll ever understand why Ponies are so popular, and I have to confess that I still don't quite 'get it', I'm just putting that down to my age though

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

showing my age again...yawn...ho hum...meh I DO NOT want to take anything away from masterpj here (good job by the way), we are all legends in our own minds.... but..........

The graphics were good, sure, but just take a look at your audience..very unsophisticated. They were there for the mix, the beat, do dance, to be seen, to have fun, to wear silly outfits so people will look at them, the very typical narcissistic facebook generation ...not really there to be entertained and impressed by musicians illustrating their acquired or god given talent as in a rock concert, opera, play or symphony.

Im bored with electronic music within a minute - all of it - the repetitive beat and remixes of remixes of digital auto tuned voices illustrates lack of real talent (of most artist who produce "music" today)...(not talking about the dj here) the DJ does illustrate great skill in manipulating digital audio tracks stored in a computer, the programs are complicated and the one who uses them illustrates a great understanding of the "program". My own son produces this "stuff". THat is not what I am talking about here.

IM TALKING ABOUT THE "MUSIC" - IMHO it can NEVER compare to someone like Jimmy Page or Eric Clapton or hundreds of talented "musicians" of the past standing on a stage and producing original music, live, with a real instrument.

ponies = memes - next year it will be something different - kids get bored easy and want to think they have the next cool secret to baffle old folks.

give me a real band, playing real instruments, showing real talent and you dont need a lighting rig, lasers, indoor pyro, confettee cannons, smoke machines, bubble blowers, soap dance floors, or MDA to enjoy a night out. As far as that goes, the equipment and special effect technology used today really requires no great skills or talent to set up and operate, plug it in and turn it on. Oh well i could go on, but i wont.

this picture sums it up nicely...

Name:	mckayla-not-impressed-template.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	34411

*old man breaks hip...stepping off soap box...
    Last edited by Laserman532; 08-24-2012 at 09:23. Reason: just because...
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    If you enjoy the work and all that comes with it that's all that matters. ’Good on you' that's what I say .
    Well said!

Peter my kids love your laser show. Nice work.