Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making the CDRH and FDA happy

Trust me - get the hazer. You'll find you really want to have it on at all times.

I once helped out at a show that featured three lasers: A Krypton/Argon whitelight in the center, and two green DPSS projectors flanking it. One DPSS unit was making over a watt, and the other one was just 200 mw.

They had two large foggers with fans set up, but one of them wasn't working very well. We put that one on the side of the stage with the 1 watt DPSS projector. During the show, the 200 mw projector (which was right next to the other fogger that WAS working correctly) looked just as bright as the 1 watt projector on the other side of the stage that wasn't getting nearly as much fog! It was amazing...

Bottom line: fog (or better yet, haze) will save your ass in a large venue, but even with 1 watt of power, if you don't have something in the air the beam is going to look lame. (Especially if the venue has lots of other dance/stage lights on at the same time.)

Adam

Yea, for less than <$200, if it helps makes my $3500 system look twice as bright, I'm in! I already have a fog machine, but it was only $30 and not meant for nearly this size of venue. Plus we all know fog can be a pain to get in the right place without it getting too concentrated and blocking the beam.

Plus, all over Ohio there's an indoor smoking ban, including bars and clubs, so i don't have the crowd helping me :P

Less than $200??? Can you get another one at that price? If so, let me know!

I've got two fog machines, but no hazer. Hazers are far superior to fog machines because the particles are smaller, so they stay in the air longer and they attenuate the beam less than the larger fog particles do.

Damn, the last time I priced a hazer it was like 500 bucks!

Adam

Check out eBay,it's certainly not great, but i found a 1500cfm 1.5L one I'm negotiating for $150. It only does water-based, which sucks because I'll have to use more for the same effect, but I don't want to mess with any oily residue while working with this stuff. Even ones I've seen on professional sites marked down from $500 to $250 are about that, so unless I'm missing something I think it's an ok deal, especially since I'm way over my budget already.

However, for the money, if I can go a little higher, I'm looking at this too, but again, it's oil-based:
    http://www.planetdj.com/i--HAZE-GEN!!20!!20NEW

you'll have to copy the whole URL

I'll be probably using my projector alot in close quarters for photos and such for my eventual website and getting a residue all over the place isn't something I'm interested in.