Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holoforum?

Hi John ! . Come to think of it I do seem to recall this information being mentioned before... It's my age you know

Ron... I'm at the office right now, but i'll ensure you get added as soon as I get home. It sounds a nightmare, technology is great until something goes wrong.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I've been boycotting Facebook ever since a bunch of scurvy and scrofulous students set up a site dissing me. My sons infiltrated it and sent me a list of members and I made their lives miserable.

Putting a holography group on Facebook might make me go on it, but being a teacher you become fair target for a bunch of disgruntled idiots.

From the message above it sounds like it might be back after the Ahmet gets back from vacation. Sounds like it's not such a high priority for him.

I might just take a look and see what it has to offer, but I like keeping a low profile.
    I know what I want and I know how to get it
    I want to destroy passersby! - Sex Pistols

Ed you can always sign on under a different name and that should help to keep things stealthy...........

Hi Ed

Sorry to hear about your negative experience with Facebook. It would be great to have you join the group but I completely understand if you decide not to, as I'm sure others will too.

I didn't start the FB group to be competition for the Holoforum as I believe the two can co-exist quite happily. However, there are many people on the FB group that I have never seen on the Holoforum and vice versa, so I'm certain it does have a place.

Also, I worry about the Holoforum disappearing and us being left without a means of contacting each other. That would be such a shame as us Holographers (amateur or professional) should stick together .

As I said before, it would be great to have you join us though

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I'll wait for the Holoforum to come back up and avoid Facebook.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Gmunu View Post
    I'll wait for the Holoforum to come back up and avoid Facebook.

John
    HeHe... Good on you John

I'd love for you to just do a quick visit though and post some of your cave holograms and a couple of related stories.... Please...

Jem

Jem, it's amazing how many people are signing up for the holography group on FB. I'm actually rather startled at all the interest. Some of the people I recognize as holographers but who have not apparently participated in the holoforum (or its predecessor) or here in PL, but who eagerly sign up when its FB! Others are completely unknown to me. I'm not sure what to make of it all, but I have to believe it's all good!

Hey Ron, I can assure you there's no-one more amazed than me

To go from 19 members at its inception, to almost 100 members three days later is quite staggering. Let's hope the momentum keeps up and people keep joining, the more the merrier.

What we need then is folks to post on the Holoforum Group, as well as their own walls, about their holography experiences and problems. I'm trying to start the ball rolling by 'sharing' with the Group any posts that have been put under personal names. Of course, if anyone has any objection to me doing this they only have to let me know and i'll delete the posts.

I figure once we get the thing stabilised it may be useful to have another administrator or two, but for the time being i'll keep it to myself to avoid complications.

Anyway, it's really great that you've turned to the dark side...

Take care

Jem

The Forum seems down again today...
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

Yeah, the Holoforum has been down for at least the last two days. Maybe I'll break down and join Facebook.

John Klayer