Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ILDA Splitter

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

"Come to papa" LOL

Looking good!

Count me in for the next batch. If you do any main board redesign....I'd like some headers to add lots of led's...RGB led for color? activity led's for X/Y in / out? Sorry just requests I'm a sucker for things that also blink. DMX master X/Y move, shutter, color over-ride would be rad also.
    Last edited by Picasso; 10-03-2012 at 03:21.

Ha! That would be kinda neat, the turbo track amps have bi-color leds that flicker when the scanners are moving around, sometime I'll find myself watching those instead of the show...

The first DAC I ever owned was PCLite, the old parallel port DAC. Each 8-bit DAC chip had a row of LED's that showed what each bit was doing, it was neat to watch but served no real purpose at all!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    ...but I don't really have the tools necessary for that (IE. D-sub punch). If someone has one they could lend to me for this project that'd be fantastic.
    If ya still need one of these, I can get yer back.. Lemme know, Chief.. RE: these boxes, *definitely* in for at least 1x, but.. not at the moment.. nottin but dust in the 'cool-but-not-mission-critical-stuff piggy-bank' ...Perhaps on a future-run..

ttyl..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    If ya still need one of these, I can get yer back.. Lemme know, Chief.. RE: these boxes, *definitely* in for at least 1x, but.. not at the moment.. nottin but dust in the 'cool-but-not-mission-critical-stuff piggy-bank' ...Perhaps on a future-run..
    Thanks for the offer, Jon! Sent you a PM about it.

I have the first one up and running, so far everything is working as designed and it all came together very well. I'm anxious to get this connected to multiple projectors, so tomorrow I'm headed up north a bit to visit with another PL member to get this checked out. If everything is good, the last thing I want to do is a bit of a stress test, run resistors off every output to ground and let it run for about a week.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0284.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	207.7 KB 
ID:	35170

Name:	IMG_0285.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	221.1 KB 
ID:	35171

Name:	IMG_0286.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	35172

David came up to Charleston over the weekend and we tested the prototype. It works! What's more: it looks awesome. The pictures above don't do it justice. This thing looks like something you'd buy at a store. It's very nice.

DZ has a couple small changes that he plans to make based on our tests, and then he'll be able to start assembly. But the box works exactly as advertized, and it's very easy to use. Can't wait to get mine now!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    David came up to Charleston over the weekend and we tested the prototype. It works! What's more: it looks awesome. The pictures above don't do it justice. This thing looks like something you'd buy at a store. It's very nice.

DZ has a couple small changes that he plans to make based on our tests, and then he'll be able to start assembly. But the box works exactly as advertized, and it's very easy to use. Can't wait to get mine now!

Adam
    I second all that Adam said. Delivered as promised, quality looks amazing. Can't wait to try it!

Holy Jesus... A box arrived on the doorstep yesterday. Very neatly wrapped up inside has to be one of the most impressive looking pieces of gear I own. Seriously a work of art David, this thing is beautiful. I almost want to get a custom designed flight case just to protect it. I'm overwhelmed and money be damned, I'm ready to place an order for another. That way... one can be in circulation and the other can go in a safe deposit box at the bank to do nothing but increase in value!

(Seriously... I probably will request another one ASAP while you're still sane.)

Yes... Mine arrived yesterday as well and again the QUALITY is unbelievable. This thing is beautiful !!! David is a Master
    Builder and I'm proud to own his equipment.

Mark

Number two arrived safe and sound yesterday.

Thank you David! Now.... to go hook up 10 of the projectors....