Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SHINP DL55CB, Red Diode Fail

Thank you so much for your help. I'm really excited now about getting this thing working again. Just waiting for the next paycheck . . . .
    You did not come off as harsh, I appreciate your time in sharing your wisdom with me. Thank you kind sir.

I want an RGB, do you have any suggestions? X-laser, and The best of the best plz?

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

You'll get lots of different opinions on "best of the best". Hold on to your wallet though when you find out just how much the "best of the best" costs!

While X-Laser would be a good choice, I also highly suggest you talk to Marc at CT Lasers. (gottaluvlasers on the forum) Maybe explore his Luminance line.

There aren't a tremendous amount of choices when it comes to USA legal varianced projectors and, best as I can tell, X-Laser and CT are your two best bets. Yeah, you could contact LSDI in Florida or some other companies but, be prepared look at five digit price tags.

There are many people on here that can also help you with contructing your own.

Thank you PL! You've given me the resources and information I desperately needed to sate my hunger for an RGB projector with galvos and software control. I am now complete (for now)!

I am finally the proud owner of an RGB projector!

Nothing fancy, but spectacular for me considering I've been using an Elation DMX operator to control 3 Chauvet Scorpions, an American DJ Royal 3D and a SHINP DL55-CB. The scorpions only use stepper motors, 2 diodes and max output @ 30mw.

So for me this new projector is a thing of beauty! Specs per Mr. Tim Walsh are as follows:

638nm @ 200mw
    532nm @ 100mw
    445nm @ 300mw
    TTL Modulation
    20KPPS Scanners
    Quickshow w/ FB3

I love the red on this projector so so so much! The white balance is a bit on the reddish side, but beautiful regardless.
    Thank you for the help and suggestions Swamidog, Brad, White-Light and all of PL.

I would also like to thank Tim Walsh @ Laser Spectacles for being incredibly patient, taking the time, being very kind, extremely fair, etc. It was an honor to meet and be taught by him. (I still have much to learn, the man is a GENIUS!) I highly recommend Laser Spectacles, and Tim Walsh, who is the man!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

cool! glad you're up and running. now post some pics and make some awesome laser shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoffman View Post
    Thank you PL! You've given me the resources and information I desperately needed to sate my hunger for an RGB projector with galvos and software control. I am now complete (for now)!

I am finally the proud owner of an RGB projector!

Nothing fancy, but spectacular for me considering I've been using an Elation DMX operator to control 3 Chauvet Scorpions, an American DJ Royal 3D and a SHINP DL55-CB. The scorpions only use stepper motors, 2 diodes and max output @ 30mw.

So for me this new projector is a thing of beauty! Specs per Mr. Tim Walsh are as follows:

638nm @ 200mw
    532nm @ 100mw
    445nm @ 300mw
    TTL Modulation
    20KPPS Scanners
    Quickshow w/ FB3

I love the red on this projector so so so much! The white balance is a bit on the reddish side, but beautiful regardless.
    Thank you for the help and suggestions Swamidog, Brad, White-Light and all of PL.

I would also like to thank Tim Walsh @ Laser Spectacles for being incredibly patient, taking the time, being very kind, extremely fair, etc. It was an honor to meet and be taught by him. (I still have much to learn, the man is a GENIUS!) I highly recommend Laser Spectacles, and Tim Walsh, who is the man!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Very cool! Glad you were able to take the next step.

Not trying to stir the pot, but the x laser 4 port still scans the audience. So can we do that now? Patterns are 100% the same as the china systems. x-laser did the power work to make it FDA approved, case, fail safes, etc. But again the pattern is the same. Lasers still display the same as the cheapo.

Mind you, if I had the cash I would go with x-laser systems for sure.

Maybe a bit off topic, but the rules on scanning people in the USA are the same right?

edit, scanning people are bad news... Just boggles my mind, the same patterns are ok on one case with interlocks but not a cheap o case.

Also, anyone have a contact number for the head FDA laser person. Just like in the ham radio community, a lot of people thought they knew it all, and I called the head lady Laura Smith, and found out 90% of rumors were smoke and mirrors.

I do not scan the audience. I take all necessary precautions to ensure everyone's safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoffman View Post
    I do not scan the audience. I take all necessary precautions to ensure everyone's safety.
    never said you did, just pointing out the patterns are the same as x-brand and x-china brand...

Ah yes, i misread. Although patterns are the same, I would pick X-laser over SHINP any day. I would stay away from anything manufactured by SHINP (in my experience). Patterns may look the same, but alignment will be off (or become misaligned quickly), any advertised specs will be a lie, etc. No point in getting a 4 port projector either (unless you like the beam effects).