Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Music/laser synchronization

I used mine for 5 hours last nught and 6 tonight without a hickup.
    I only used them at 30k though.

Jim

Bill i'm glad to hear the software is almost ready, sounds like it's going to be fun. i have a pair of dt40pros and i will be intrested to see your test results. now get back to work. just kidding.

i've been lurking aroud here for about 6 months, when i tried to join, i never got activated by the administrator. they thought i was a spammer.
    thanks to all this is a very good forum for new people to learn. every one is so helpful.

Robert Clark

Hi William ,
    See your post ,you have heart to heart reply to peoples and tell them more technology knowledge.
    Also I clear something from your post 8)

I go to the lighting manufacturer in local yesterday.They have the Pangolin software.
    But very regrettable,they don't know how to using the sfotware and the bad cables always engender waves .
    Finally can't using Pangolin driving my scanner.They using LDS with easylaser better.
    I don;t know what happen :cry:

But I get a responses ,my scanner is better than other scanner from GuangZhou and ShangHai.
    Also the price higher in China laser show market. :?

I know that have more technics must resolve.
    Bearings,I still finding low radial play bearing,but we just a small manufacturer and the outturn so less .
    We can't make a large order for the good stuffs.
    So we make the better scanner in existence construction techniques and common stuffs.

And I won't even mention how they were making coils...
    I was open the 6800 and 6210 see the ciol.That real formidable.
    I think about a long time,real so difficult for make it.They using the extraordinary equipment make it.
    I think can't make the same quailty coil.So I make the coil of the quailty just near them.

I have belief DT scanner become the best scanner in China.
    But that isn't now ,at future.

JIAN
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

Hi Jian,

Thanks for the response and nice to meet you! I must say, I have not heard of you before, and had never even heard of these DT scanners until just a few days ago.

In reading your web site, it is clear to me that you are interested in the details of what makes up a scanner, and also interested in improving what you have. As far as I can see, that's a bit unusual for a Chinese vendor. Most Chinese vendors that I have seen merely do a good enough job to ship product, and have no real interest in continual improvements or even how the thing works... Also, I have seen a culture of wanting putting a priority on promptness of shipment and not on quality of product. Clearly you are quality oriented, so I am sure your results are much better.

I have been involved with Scanning for a very long time. My college theses paper in 1989 was about how to drive open-loop scanners and get the same performance as closed-loop scanners. (I did it!) After that, I consulted for most of the scanner companies in the world, including General Scanning, Cambridge, Scanlab and others. One of the reasons why Cambridge scanners are so suitible for this industry today, is because of my involvement in the past... I have designed scanners for industrial applications, and have been granted US and international patents on scanner technology, but we have not directly entered the scanner business ourselves. Frankly, we have enough to do with making software and related controllers and so I rather license our scanning technology...

A few people on this forum have offered to send me some of your scanners for evaluation. I will take a look at them and, if I can find the time, I will crank them up on some of our advanced test equipment and then give a brief report about my findings.

Regarding your experience at a lighting manufacturer and Pangolin, I am sure you are correct. One reason why we sell through dealers is because it is the responsibility of our dealers to train and support their local customers. This kind of training and support can only be done well, at the "local" level. (For example, it is much easier for a Chinese dealer to support someone located in China, than it is for us to do it from Orlando...) But I am sure that this too breaks down sometimes. Some of our dealers might sell at very low prices, so they might not really offer very good support. When this happens, it is possible for a customer to receive one of our systems and not know how to use it, and this winds up being a bad reflection on Pangolin. When we find out who the dealers are that are not supporting their clients properly, we generally terminate their dealership. If you know of who sold this lighting company the Pangolin system, let me know in a private email...

Best regards,

William Benner

Hi William,
    I am glad to meet you too.
    Thanks for your post.I acquire the knowledge from your every reply.
    I think you can get the scanset soon.

Regarding the software problem.I think that isn't the dealers have no supporting .
    That is the lighting manufacturer problem.
    Because they make the lighting 90% are cheaper and using low speed scanner .
    Maybe make other lighting,not laser scanner system.A biger manufacturer say they make the high power laser system about
    30-40 sets per year.
    So they are not frequently using the software.And their computer system very bad, virus and much software runing together.
    When I tesing the scanner ,their computer down 3 times.
    Also I using the software just for test.I get the Mamba and easylaser 20 months .
    But I never try design a graphicsshows.
    I using the software test the scanner of the item:max angle,ilda test pattern ,linearity,stability,play 1-2 hours of the graphicsshows ,
    let the scanner warm and cool some times , adjust and adjust again.

JIAN
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

William!

I have some DT40 Pro that I am not using at the moment. Just received from Jian some weeks ago.
    I can gladly send them to you for testing etc..

Just let me know! ;D