Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Music/laser synchronization

Default Music/laser synchronization

Music / show synchronization. May I ask how you guys are synchronizing music and your laser effects? Does the software you are using handle, that? If so, what are you using? I want to create shows that sync the music and animations/beams. But at the same time, I am only a hobbyist. So it either must be inexpensive or I'll write/build it myself.
    Thanks.

Welcome to PhotonLexicon, Carmangary!

Unfortunately, there aren't any inexpensive solutions to the problem of displaying syncronized music with a laser show. About the cheapest way to do so is to purchase Mamba Black and the EasyLase USB DAC. The software uses a timeline-type interface (similar to a video editor) and the software handles the music playback as well as the laser show itself. Many of the users here are running that configuration.

Pangolin also offers this functionality, but it is even more expensive than the Mamba Black and Easylase combination.

Adam

Thanks for the response. Would anyone be willing to demonstrate any of the commericial products over something like NetMeeting (desktop sharing application)? I'd really like to see how they work.

I use mamba Black and easyLase USB on my Green DPSS + One RGB laser

It`s the best software for that low cost I think :roll:

I`m very pleased with it, and dont want to change into something else (if not pangolin)

Try this link: http://www.laserdesignstudio.de/downloads/demo.exe
    Fully function demo of LDS Lasershow Software.

Easy to use!

You can actually do it with popelscan and another program, showtime or something. Gimme a lil and I'll find the link. This is the CHEAP solution. Both programs are free but you have to be set up to use popelscan. You can make the DAC yourself, well maybe, I couldn't. ops:

You make your frames, or MOT files in popelscan and then load your mp3 into Showtime, it traces the song and then you place markers in the traced mp3, then place your MOT file frames into the markers and save it as a mtm file. You them load the mtm file and mp3 file into popelscan and press a button and the mp3 gets played and the frames change when the marker is hit... It pretty cool if you are very new to laser shows. I'm sure it will bore me pretty quick unless I can find an easier way to make frames in popelscan. :roll:
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary
    Thanks for the response. Would anyone be willing to demonstrate any of the commericial products over something like NetMeeting (desktop sharing application)? I'd really like to see how they work.
    You can download Mamba Black and run the software on your machine to try it out if you want... It won't let you save your work, or output anything to a DAC, but you will be able to see what the interface looks like and play around a bit. (When you buy Mamba Black, it comes with a special USB Dongle which will activate all the save and output features of the program.)

You can even load up one of the pre-made laser shows that they have on the website for download. That way you can see what the software is capable of. You can watch the laser show output on the preview window, which looks just like the actual scan produced by the projector. Play around with the effects tracks, fiddle with the color controls some, and just see if you like the software or not.

The other solutions (poplescan, Alphalite, etc) would require you to run a separate program (like winamp) to play the music while the laser show runs. Also, at least in the case of the Alphalite software, this would CHANGE the timing information for the show, which sort of defeats the whole purpose of trying to syncronize the show to music. Then too, the show will only be syncronized within the accuracy of how fast you can switch screens and start the music once you've started the show playing. Not an optimal solution in my book.

Mamba Black and Pangolin both play the music directly from the software, so the syncronization is accurate to whatever frame rate you design the show to play at. (Ie: for a show playing at 25 frames per second, you can time effects to start or end with an accuracy of 1/25th of a second.)

LDS (mentioned above) also supports this same accuracy, btw. It's a bit more expensive than Mamba Black, but still cheaper than Pangolin.

Adam

Hi All,

Thanks in part to people on this forum, we have decided to create a laser software system "just for Freaks" and other laser enthusiasts. It will support synchronized music and a timeline-based interface and other goodies. And of course, it will be available on a hobbyist budget…

Stay tuned

Best regards,

William Benner

Two Norway guys using two software :lol:

I have the Mamba and LDS software,all using easylaser .

Then for the low cost Mamba+easylaser ok.
    Better combination is LDS+easylaser.

When I get the LDS software and play them with DT scanner,
    The performance is complete different :!: :!: :!:

But regrettable I never using Pangolin driving DT scanner,I think that
    will be the best :idea:
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin
    Hi All,

Thanks in part to people on this forum, we have decided to create a laser software system "just for Freaks" and other laser enthusiasts. It will support synchronized music and a timeline-based interface and other goodies. And of course, it will be available on a hobbyist budget…

Stay tuned

Best regards,

William Benner
    Wow, That would be great. Will it work with eastlase dac?
    I`m in let us know. I would be glad to be a beta tester
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"