Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The TRUE output of my laser (I got a powermeeter) !!!

nono shen just a hireling working in Viasho.
    If she can't satisfactorily resolve the problem,that isn't hers problem.
    That is Viasho xxxxxxxxxxx
    I trust her :!:

JIAN
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

True!
    We will se later

Thanks very much for your understanding ! I am appreciate you ! I am so lucky to meet you on this Forum .
    our 1W laser is the most popular in all over the world , the rate of returning for repairing is so low . I don't know why the laser happened this matter . So I am so sorry about this .

Sometimes , when we use Analogue Modulation to operate lasers , the output power will be 30% of the TTL power .

Quote Originally Posted by nono shen

Sometimes , when we use Analogue Modulation to operate lasers , the output power will be 30% of the TTL power .
    You mean 30% less, correct? as in 70% of 100?

As for RGB Laser's from Hungary (over CNI), we're in the process of rebuilding ours...
    We bought their nicest unit and spent ~$10k extra for a power boost
    over their highest "normal" specs. It actually looks like a lot of their stuff is from
    China's optics valley itself...

The lasers are beautiful, though the green's linearity is questionable. We originally
    specified a >2W white, and we were measuring 1.5W out of the unit after we
    received it... After a years worth of wear and tear, it was getting to the point of
    needing a substantial recalibration after every show. So we decided to
    rebuild the unit.

Green on far left, 2 blue lasers, the 635nm red, and the 4 660nm reds...

Straight from the lasers after painstaking tuning and alignment.

We see 750mW of 635nm red!!!, 296mW of 660nm red, 440mW of blue and 1.5W of green.
    The 635 was originally really weak, but we noticed that not all of the beams (it's made of
    multiple diodes) were actually making it out, so when we tore it apart and realigned it,
    we got a huge unexpected power boost.

After the the optics we see a substantial loss of the 635nm due to the sheer number
    of mirrors in it's path, but the other lines come out fairly unmolested. We have some
    room to boost the 660s, but they are not TEC cooled and the blue is what's underpowered
    so we left them alone. We DO get >2W after all is said'n done, so I feel much better
    about it, the deep internal optics must have just shifted in shipping.

The 660nm reds have some power leeway but are not TEC cooled

The big problem in the unit is that their mirror mounts are "homebrewed" and are
    relatively course pitched (At least compared the the standard off the shelf
    newport mounts I'm used to) and more importantly, they lack set screws...
    The other issue is that the table isn't isolated from the walls, in fact the outer shell
    uses the optic mounts for structural integrity... I'm shopping for new "real" mounts,
    right now...

But all in all, a cute laser...

That being said, my money's on Laserwurx for future systems... (Unless
    someone handed me a blank check, then I'd go with a few of those dual head Jenlas units)
    We had a blast hanging out with those guys...

Laserwurx LX series... The ONLY CDRH approved pan-tilt laser scansystem

Trivia... That beastie required a 400+ page variance application and took >2 years to get approved.
    These are only units we're planning on renting for shows from now on, unless people want 40W yags...

So cool ! you do this all by yourself ? I think it must be high costliness . About the our engineer tell me , when we used Analogue Modulation to control our laser, it only can output 30% Power of the TTL power . just mean 100mW , can output 30mW power . I don't know other company's laser efficiency . :roll:

The main chinese manufacture I deal with will replace my diodes first. When they send me the diodes they include a pre-paid packing slip to ship the defective parts back with

Try to work this out, although I doubt it will happen with something like a 1 watt green

nono... thanks!

A question. You mean the analog driven diode gives only 30% of power output compared
    to an equivalent diode using TTL?

I'm not sure how that could be the case unless your engineer is running into ringing on the
    current control. I would look at the an alternative control circuit as there is no technical
    reason why full power can't be had with analog modulation.

Or is it 30% speed? I know many manufacturers protect the inputs on analog drivers by
    filtering the input through an RC (resistor-capacitor) circuit which limits the speed of
    modulation (and which would also help prevent ringing due to overdriving the opamps)

Quote Originally Posted by yaddatrance

The 660nm reds have some power leeway but are not TEC cooled

The big problem in the unit is that their mirror mounts are "homebrewed" and are
    relatively course pitched (At least compared the the standard off the shelf
    newport mounts I'm used to) and more importantly, they lack set screws...
    The other issue is that the table isn't isolated from the walls, in fact the outer shell
    uses the optic mounts for structural integrity... I'm shopping for new "real" mounts,
    right now...
    That is undoubtedly an Arctos module. Personally, i think their mounts are quite clever. Their use of 2 screws for each axis eliminates the need for a set screw..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Hi Dave! Yep, it looks like half of an arctos we have over here... The mounts I was referring to were these ones on the dichros

I also thought the arctos mounts were clever, though I do have some unprintable words for the process of aligning them...

The torque requirements and lack of accessibility of a couple of the adjustment screws requires removing the entire mount, guesstimating the adjustment, tightening down to torque, reinstalling, seeing if it sits where you want it after your torque it to specs, finding it's off by a hair, and repeating a few dozen times per mount... The cost savings of the mounts is
    eaten up by the time it takes to precisely align it...

Now coherent's system for aligning their optics is truly slick... The mounts are all soldered onto the board,
    and you heat the board up to get the solder wet, adjust to your hearts content by tapping with a stick and
    when you're satisfied, you simply let the board cool down.