Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The TRUE output of my laser (I got a powermeeter) !!!

Quote Originally Posted by yaddatrance

Now coherent's system for aligning their optics is truly slick... The mounts are all soldered onto the board,
    and you heat the board up to get the solder wet, adjust to your hearts content by tapping with a stick and
    when you're satisfied, you simply let the board cool down.
    quite a clever idea eh
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Um, this might be my dumbass speaking again, but that sounds like a pain... Soldering to align... :?

Then the alignment is pretty much 'locked' into the right position..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

any new news on the viasho laser?

The laser is in the air now..
    I will let you know when there is a update

cheers

Default Viashow 1 watts

Liteglow
    Did you note serial number ? I too have a 1 watt due to go back , on day of arrival it looked second hand and output around 550-600 watts , with poor beam divergence , very dissappointed .

I purchased other items from them , one of the items was CLEARLY second hand , very dissappointed in them just now .... the 1 watt was a lot of cash and for a specific job to give the edge , and it just wasnt there ... I am losing faith in viasho after many mnay years of dealing with them. Had to return two 250mW units to them last year , and both operating fine now but just dont need the hassle , i was silly to take the shiipping costs on those units last year as they become faulty a few months after arrival but the 1 watt I have no intention of paying towards as out of the box it was poor and in my opinion used and shoudl never have left the factory .

So far a request to them to send in DHL to pick it up has result in ZERO action , and no replies to emails so i am becoming frustrated with jessica / Frank , unless this is srted out quickly by them as I need the 1 watt laser for another job in feb I will likely be taking my Biz to RGB Hungary , CNI for me in past was an even worse case scenario , with every model of blue I bought becoming faulty and requireing multiple repairs and then request for repair fees when units became out of warrenty ...even though the units had spent over half the warrenty period going back and forth to them !Phew !

Anyways keep us updated on how you get on and I will thro my tuppence worth in now and again

PAUL

My guess is that the Viasho comes back producing over a watt (including ir). They probably realize he has a laser check and knows that he will be satisfied with the meter saying 900+mw or even pegged out. Based on what I have seen so far, I am unimpressed.

It is true other chinese dont include IR filters but at least there output power is based on the visable rating.

For instance. A big dipper 50mw green diode puts out 50mw of visable 532 but around 350mw of total light. If they arnt going to use an IR filter, they damned well better give the visable rating. Just my opinion

//end rant

:cry: It looks like lasers for what we need are just not out there now. Hard to beat the gassers but ...these are small and dont need watering.
    :? :idea: I have seen a few laser manus in Germany that you never hear anything about their lasers.....besides Arctose. I know there are some in the UK......Some one chime in here.......
    Now that my Liconix is back and I have a Lasercheck things are good...... all the lasers here either came with or have had an I/R filter installed.....too many to dig out and count
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Yes sad that the laser was only half watt..
    But we must not forget that if you pay low you get low :lol:
    The quality depend on the price usually, and Viasho sells lasers at a extremly low price (compared to US\UK and other lasers out there)

So if they fix my laser to return as a 1Watt, and prove that theyr repair service work.
    Then I have nothing bad to say... It was I that did buy a cheap laser, and then I must expect that this stuff can happend!

If I did buy a 30.000$ laser from USA, this should NOT have happend

that`s my opinion..

So far the service from Viasho (nono) have been more than perfect..

As I know that
    Lasever 100mw or lower powered blue laser is ok, higher power than 100mw is not good.
    CNI has wide power range, but someone bought 2Watt green, the output power is just 1.5Watt, poor beam.
    Viasho is good at 300mw and lower green laser, 120mw and lower power blue laser. higher than 300mw green, and 100mw blue is difficult. there was ever peoples who were doubt about whether they have IR filters or not on their higher power laser such as 500mw and higher.
    These suppliers need to improved for us customers profit...