Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Great service from ebay seller Aijii

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/dave909/DSCN3235.jpg

This is almost laughable.... this clearly states the fees were import duties and related brokerage. Nothing about shipping fees.

We've imported almost 50K US of laser show gear for our own use, and in every single instance we've had to pay customs duties and GST (similar to VAT) to customs, when the goods have arrived on our shores.

It is absolutely not our or any other seller's responsibility to have to cover a destination country's import duties or taxes. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to pay these.

We do state in our auctions that the purchaser should research their local laws and customs. This is for their own benefit - not ours. Perhaps we need to be a little more blatant with the wording in our future listings - ie, "IT IS THE BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO PAY ALL LOCAL DUTIES AND TAXES" - but after all, we presume that we are dealing with intelligent, technically minded people who would be aware of all this.

I do not believe andy that you are as experienced with importing goods as you say you are - as you'd be aware that it is the norm to have to pay duties on imported goods. Either way, in hundreds of dealings on and off eBay, we've never had an issue like this before.

If you have any problems with the manual or the product, please let us know and we will endeavour to assist.

Regards,

Adrian
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

I might just add that I didn't read the full thread before I replied - if I came accross a little sharp apologies.

Anyway - as Dave and I have already stated, please tell us what you don't like about the manual, in clear, constructive and concise point form so that we can actually do something about it.

www.lasershowparts.com

well like i said ive brought many item from china and all over the world and this is the first time ie had to pay "import duty"

but hey looks like im in the wrong so sorry.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by BoomDog
    Hey Andy, good to see ya again. I guess you shelved the other scanner design :P Don't blame ya!

As for DMX, beamshows are definitely nice but I just can't stand the fact on how (relatively) limited it is. It's certainly leaps and bounds over that original projector design we both made, and can do some really cool things, but if you still want to continue after this set, I'd go for a set that can do ILDA.

And hey, look at the bright side about the documentation issue; you probably learned a helluva lot more in the process rather than just reading a piece of paper (that may or may not include the words "air conditioner" :lol: That's quality Jimbo). I understand it's frustrating, but these things aren't supposed to be easy, or every other kid on the block would work with them. Good to hear ya got it set up though, and you got some nice pics there!
    hey mate didnt know you were a member on here. Ya scanners were great and i got some coding help from the parallax forum, but moving on and up!
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

how do i get a replacement mirror????????????
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

ask aijii if he has?

he'll probably tell me no! LOL
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Andy_Con;

Oh, I don't know... A little respect can persuade a person to do a lot!

It's sad that you started off your relationship with them on unfavorable terms, but that doesn't have to be the norm. Lots of members here enjoy dealing with them.

Ask them and see what they say about the mirror. (And while you're at it, you might want to explain WHY you need a mirror. The pics you posted earlier show that both of them were intact. What happened?)

Also, I think a public apology over the VAT issue is in order. I mean, I'm in the States where we don't have VAT and even I know about it. Ok, maybe you got lucky all those other times you imported stuff, but you've got to admit that your accusation of aijii of not paying for shipping was incorrect. ops: (And more than a little libelous.)

Just a thought... 8)

Adam

Andy - because we are nice guys, we can organise for a replacement mirror to be sent out on one condition, which is that you help us get the manual for the scanners in order... what was it exactly that you found "useless" about it ?

www.lasershowparts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo
    Andy_Con;

Oh, I don't know... A little respect can persuade a person to do a lot!

It's sad that you started off your relationship with them on unfavorable terms, but that doesn't have to be the norm. Lots of members here enjoy dealing with them.

Ask them and see what they say about the mirror. (And while you're at it, you might want to explain WHY you need a mirror. The pics you posted earlier show that both of them were intact. What happened?)

Also, I think a public apology over the VAT issue is in order. I mean, I'm in the States where we don't have VAT and even I know about it. Ok, maybe you got lucky all those other times you imported stuff, but you've got to admit that your accusation of aijii of not paying for shipping was incorrect. ops: (And more than a little libelous.)

Just a thought... 8)

Adam
    i did say sorry to errr dave i think it was on ebay.

well they were working, then i packaged them away so my gf could wrap them up as shes buying them for christmas for me and i broke one of the mirrors LOL. i wernt funny at the time i was well pissed off, but im laughing now.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat