Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Great service from ebay seller Aijii

Quote Originally Posted by aijii
    Andy - because we are nice guys, we can organise for a replacement mirror to be sent out on one condition, which is that you help us get the manual for the scanners in order... what was it exactly that you found "useless" about it ?
    Deal! again i think it was Dave i e-mailed on ebay, i said today i would give you a full write up on how you could improve your instructions.

and indeed you are nice guys!

do you want me to PM it to you, or post it here???

and could you send me two mirrors so i have a spare.

many thanks
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

usually you dont need mirrors in spare that is not a good sign haha

take care of your scanners as it was chrystal...
    They are hand made with love ops: and you must take care of them with your hands also
    If you start to break mirrors you for sure will break another part of the galvo also some day..

So instead of have a spare mirror, try to think that it should NEVER happend again
    Galvo should be monunted inside a case and never touched (if not you cleaning them.... with care)

Filip

Hi. Just chiming in here since I also have the same scanner set. In regards to the documentation, I already mentioned earlier in thread where I found them lacking. I'll state them once more:

0) The 18v connector must be made by combining the two wires you supply. It is not obvious at first that you have to cut the ends off and combine them. This should be documented.

0a) What would be VERY useful is a parts list of what you are supposed to have when you get the kit. When I got my kit I was missing one of the wires. Since I didn't know what I was supposed to have, it took me a while to figure out that I was actually missing something. You can imagine my frustration in trying to hook up my kit when all of the pieces weren't there and I didn't know it. haha.

1) Scanner board - there is only a picture of the board with labels of the jumpers. I think there should be something that mentions how to use the adjustment pots. Also, I think there should be something that says what the 15V output jumper is for. Or at least something that says not to bug the 18v into it! Since the 18v input and 15v output both have the same connector it would be easy to hook it up wrong. A word of caution is in order for that. Something that states what the XY input value ranges should be. ie (5v peak to peak or whatever it takes).

2) DMX board - more elaboration on the type of mic and pot. Maybe supply a data sheet for the characteristics of the mic that is required? Explanation of the DIP switch settings. What the two pots on it are for.

As a person who is fairly decent at understanding electronics I was able to figure out, with help from Ajiii, how to connect everything and I got my scanners working. However, I had to make some assumptions about polarity and the likes when doing so. It is never good to assume things when it comes to wiring up electronic devices that cost this much money. That's why documentation is desired.

I hope you find my input useful. No need to send me a free mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by liteglow
    usually you dont need mirrors in spare that is not a good sign haha

take care of your scanners as it was chrystal...
    They are hand made with love ops: and you must take care of them with your hands also
    If you start to break mirrors you for sure will break another part of the galvo also some day..

So instead of have a spare mirror, try to think that it should NEVER happend again
    Galvo should be monunted inside a case and never touched (if not you cleaning them.... with care)

Filip
    i do take great care with my scanners, i was only testing them. They are going to be put into a proper case so that its portable.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

ok the instructions say -

connect the scanners to the driver board using the supplied 7 pin cables. Match up the x scanner to the driver board x-output, and vise vera for the y scanner.

managed to do this one.

set up the power supply, pluggin it into the 18v input socked on the driver board.

well, to be honest i didnt know the difference between the driver board, DMX, scanner board etc??

power up the scanners and perform final adjustments so that beam is centered with no input signal.

centered on what, what adjustments???

now maybe a way of improving the instruction could be -

1. have a picture of each item and labelling it, DMX, Driver board, Scanner board etc. so beginers like me know which is which?
    2. you dont say that the P/supply can run on 240v?
    3. you also dont say that wires need to be cut in order to connect them to another set of wires. Instead of plugging them into the board.
    4. and lastley you generally dont say what connects to what.

you could do a set by step guide saying everything that is needed to be done?

just some suggestions really, i hate to say it but they are the worst instructions ever LOL.

hope this helps?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

WOW dave is sending me two mirrors not NOTHING!!!

now that is what i call super service, you couldnt ask for anymore.

top bloke dave cheers.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

You're welcome
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Way to go aijii (and Dave)! I always knew you guys were good people at heart...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by aijii
    You're welcome
    do my comments on your instructions help???
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

yeah, we're working on new manuals at the moment...

cheers.
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts